Schizopolis

Started by children with angels, March 10, 2003, 08:13:12 AM

ono

I just got finished watching Schizopolis about an hour ago.  Great, great flick.  While it had immense comedic value, the film really came together dramatically for me at the end.  Literally.  First, I loved how the acts were bookended.  Really thumbed its nose at any sort of convention while reminding of other films that used similar techniques.  The most admirable thing about this film was how it all came together.  The parallel(s) to Network are obvious.  Most excellent was how Soderbergh played with language, revisiting scenes, revealing some bits of dialogue, while masking others through Spanish and Japanses (I think).  Best line: the one about the gov't selling Rhode Island to pay off the debt, and turning the state into a mall.  Can't wait to hear the commentary.

Ronen

The commentary is the bomb...
-R
cinemalog.net

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

sickfins

the best part about soderbergh's afro in schizopolis is that he actually had an afro at one point

soderbergh and james spader on the set of sex, lies, and videotape

i scanned this myself out of a book i just found written by soderbergh containing his on set diary, the screenplay, and a lot of other things.  my favourite quote of his so far:

"i heard it was bad luck to start a shoot on a monday.  fug dat shit."

Ghostboy

That's the best book ever.

MacGuffin

Quote from: GhostboyThat's the best book ever.

Yeah, it's awesome and very inspirational.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks