saturday night live

Started by sphinx, March 09, 2003, 05:38:36 PM

cine

Yeah, I know, eh?  Thumbs down for my opinion on Saturday Night Live performances. Nuts to that. Sandler with a pickle for a hand is G-O-L-D.  If only more people would do stuff like that on SNL. Maybe then we'd go back to the way it used to be: shitty writing and lower ratings. Thumbs up to that, everyone..  gimme some candy, already! :roll:

RegularKarate

Blah blah blah...

anyway, I have a stupid question for west coasters in regards to SNL... do you guys watch it live?  If so, it would have to be on at like 8:30.  I couldn't imagine it being on BEFORE the news.

MacGuffin

Quote from: RegularKarateanyway, I have a stupid question for west coasters in regards to SNL... do you guys watch it live?  If so, it would have to be on at like 8:30.  I couldn't imagine it being on BEFORE the news.

Nope, it's tape delayed. But they will keep the show 'as is', unless there is swearing or such.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Kattan Says Goodbye to SNL, Has New Film Projects

According to Variety, Chris Kattan will say goodbye to Saturday Night Live after seven seasons. He will make his final appearance as an "SNL" regular on the show's May 17 season finale. His exit means the end of characters including the exotic dancer Mango and the apple-chomping half-simian Mr. Peepers, as well as Gay Hitler, "Goth Talk" co-host Azrael Abyss and the "How You Say, Oh Yes" guy. Tracy Morgan is also leaving to do a NBC comedy pilot.

He will now concentrate on film projects and has the comedy The Eighth Wonder lined-up for Danny DeVito's Jersey Films. Kattan and Heide Perlman are writing the script for the film, which would have Kattan playing a man who can endure extreme physical pain.

The actor is also developing the physical comedy Sucker at Paramount with producer Donald De Line, and he is set to add his vocal talents to the animated feature Delgo, which stars Val Kilmer, Michael Clarke Duncan and Jennifer Love Hewitt.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pedro

Quote from: MacGuffinKattan Says Goodbye to SNL, Has New Film Projects

According to Variety, Chris Kattan will say goodbye to Saturday Night Live after seven seasons. He will make his final appearance as an "SNL" regular on the show's May 17 season finale. His exit means the end of characters including the exotic dancer Mango and the apple-chomping half-simian Mr. Peepers, as well as Gay Hitler, "Goth Talk" co-host Azrael Abyss and the "How You Say, Oh Yes" guy. Tracy Morgan is also leaving to do a NBC comedy pilot.

He will now concentrate on film projects and has the comedy The Eighth Wonder lined-up for Danny DeVito's Jersey Films. Kattan and Heide Perlman are writing the script for the film, which would have Kattan playing a man who can endure extreme physical pain.

The actor is also developing the physical comedy Sucker at Paramount with producer Donald De Line, and he is set to add his vocal talents to the animated feature Delgo, which stars Val Kilmer, Michael Clarke Duncan and Jennifer Love Hewitt.
there is a god. I really don't think kattan has ever made me laugh.

TenseAndSober

I love SNL.  The show always has the newest /hottest talent.  This year i really like Jeff richards and Fred Armisen.

©brad

tracy morgan is the shit. too bad he's leavin.

SoNowThen

I think Tina Fey is the funniest and wittiest woman I have ever seen.

And though she's not even close to my usual type, I think she's a FOX.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Satcho9

Jeff Richards couldn't be any more un-funny. Tracy Morgan will be missed, he was never used enough or right. Fred Armisen is a funny motherfucker, needs to step up his presence on the show...

MacGuffin

Saturday Night Live Gets a New Look
Source: Variety

Kenan Thompson (All That) and comic Finesse Mitchell will join NBC's Saturday Night Live as featured players when the long-running show begins its 29th season October 4. The show also will debut a new opening sequence shot by veteran music video director Dave Meyers.

The comedy-variety series is getting a new set, modeled after New York's refurbished Grand Central Station. The transformation of Studio 8H was carried out by "SNL's" scenic design team.

School of Rock star Jack Black will host the season opener, with John Mayer appearing as musical guest. Justin Timberlake will host the October 11 episode, while Halle Berry and Britney Spears are set for October 18.

Returning to "SNL" are performers Fred Armisen, Rachel Dratch, Jimmy Fallon, Tina Fey, Will Forte, Darrell Hammond, Seth Meyers, Chris Parnell, Amy Poehler, Jeff Richards, Maya Rudolph and Horatio Sanz.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pas

Quote from: MacGuffin
School of Rock star Jack Black will host the season opener, with John Mayer appearing as musical guest.

Excellent ! Thanks for the news

cine

Quote from: MacGuffinSaturday Night Live Gets a New Look

Kenan Thompson (All That) and comic Finesse Mitchell will join NBC's Saturday Night Live as featured players

Aw.. first Jerry Minor and now Dean Edwards. :(
I hated Minor but I liked Edwards... but I'm sure Lorne is making the best call.

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffinSaturday Night Live Gets a New Look

Kenan Thompson (All That) and comic Finesse Mitchell will join NBC's Saturday Night Live as featured players when the long-running show begins its 29th season October 4.

Kenan?  KENAN?!

blu

the change will be good.  i hope the chemistry works.  i hope to see maya more and more of maya.  oh yea.

Pas