jim carrey is back.

Started by sphinx, March 07, 2003, 11:38:22 PM

oakmanc234

av8raaron, you took the words out of my mouth, man.

'The Cable Guy' is definately my favourite Carrey comedy aswell as one of my favourite comedies, period. People didn't like it because it was a bit darker (boo hoo). I love its edge. I also laughed my ass off at it. I liked the fact that the public didn't like it so much, just as 'Little Nicky' (the notorious comedy of 2000) is one of my favourite Sandler comedies. 'Cable' & 'Nicky' are two of my favourite comedies as they were less sugary and were a bit more notorious.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Gold Trumpet

I've disliked just about every single Jim Carrey comedy. There is a thing about comedies and their source for hilarity being how extravagantly stupid one can act that really is not that funny. Sad, comedies use to be smart. Now Jim Carrey is admirable in the genre because he hasn't fully dived into gross out humor, but one always remembers the rhino scene from Ace Ventura: Pet Detective 2.

~rougerum

Redlum

I heard Stillers script for Cable Guy was meant to be even darker than what was actually on film. Definately one of my favourite comedies. Great soundtrack too.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

©brad

When i was little I met jim carrey. It was when he was filming ace ventura 2 and he was staying in my dad's hotel in charleston, sc. My little brother and i waited in the lobby for a looooong time for him to show up. around midnight a whole bunch of suvs pulled up. we ran to see and there he was with his entourage. He looked really tired having been shooting all day but when we went up to him and asked for his autograph he seemed really happy. i had no idea what to expect for it was the first famous person i had ever met and i was scared we were gonna get some hollywood star attitude shit, but he was more than happy to talk with us. he even made some jokes and made us laugh (can't remember exactly what he said). he's a super nice guy.

Pubrick

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI've disliked just about every single Jim Carrey comedy. There is a thing about comedies and their source for hilarity being how extravagantly stupid one can act that really is not that funny. Sad, comedies use to be smart. Now Jim Carrey is admirable in the genre because he hasn't fully dived into gross out humor, but one always remembers the rhino scene from Ace Ventura: Pet Detective 2.

~rougerum
ur pretty boring, man. but i guess sumone has to play the bad guy.

it just occurred to me that all this time i've been ignoring ur rougerum thing, is that ur name?
what's up with that.
i also just realised that i find molly shannon really attractive. *shrug* it's all grayveh..
under the paving stones.

©brad

Quote from: P

it just occurred to me that all this time i've been ignoring ur rougerum thing, is that ur name?
what's up with that.
i also just realised that i find molly shannon really attractive. *shrug* it's all grayveh..

I've been waiting for someone to ask this. also i have no idea what "duck sauce" means or refers to.

Dirk

I thought Duck Sauce was a well known older movie.

EDIT - oops, that's Duck Soup  :oops:
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Duck Sauce

To be honest, I couldnt even tell you

Gold Trumpet

If disliking Jim Carrey's mostly bad comedies is boring, then great. I don't necessarily reject all comedy these days, South Park is a great great show. Jim Carrey's comedy got old after the 15 minute point of Ace Ventura: Pet Dective.

and the rougerum part, well, I forgot.

~rougerum

Xixax

I don't have a whole lot of room to dog anyone about this because I'm such a big Tom Green fan.

I live in a glass house, and I'm putting my stones away.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

oakmanc234

CARREY WILL BE DOING A SPIELBERG PROJECT!!!!!!!

It's kinda funny because I remember years ago when Spielberg got a lifetime achievement award and Carrey made a few gags about how he tried out for past Spielberg films but was always snubbed (it seemed like a big hint to Spielberg that he wants to work with him).

Now he's doing one of them.

I cant remember what it's about (I was too taken by the concept) but it's said to happen in the next 12 months.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: The Gold Trumpetand the rougerum part, well, I forgot.

You said before that it was just a way of saying "redrum" (French) and you just had a habit of using it as a signature.  :yabbse-undecided:

MacGuffin

Quote from: oakmanc234CARREY WILL BE DOING A SPIELBERG PROJECT!!!!!!!

I cant remember what it's about (I was too taken by the concept) but it's said to happen in the next 12 months.

Scroll to the bottom:
http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=478&start=15
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

good memory JB. I just didn't want to what it meant. I'm thinking of changing it though.

~rougerum

RegularKarate

Quote from: The Gold Trumpetgood memory JB. I just didn't want to what it meant. I'm thinking of changing it though.

~rougerum

I have a suggestion:

Like this:

"good memory JB. I just didn't want to what it meant. I'm thinking of changing it though.

~Gary"