House, M.D ?

Started by ProgWRX, February 09, 2005, 02:11:46 PM

ProgWRX

Anyone watch this? I caught this last night after suffering thru American idol at my girlfriend's house. We were both pleasantly surprised. It stars Hugh laurie (the dad in the Stuart Little movies) and Lisa Edelstein (she's been in the West Wing, Sports Night) and the cast also includes Omar Epps, Robert Sean Leonard, and a couple people more...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0412142/

:yabbse-thumbup:

I tend to support any non-reality shows that pop up, but this seems like a good underdog...
-Carlos

Gamblour.

Ehhhhhh

I watched the pilot, he's such a fucking asshole, it's unbearable. Plus, the premise is stupid, why would all these random mystery diseases show up at the same hospital? It's too far-fetched to ignore, I think.
WWPTAD?

cine

Quote from: Gamblor not so gone.Ehhhhhh

Ravi

I too found the show annoying.  How long can I keep watching a sarcastic doctor who works in what looks like a law firm or something?  Good try, but sarcasm does not equal wit.

Thrindle

I think we can all agree that TV has turned to shit.  I think HOUSE is entertaining, even though it's far fetched.  Everyone who is whining about it not being real enough should remain fixed to their "reality" shows.
Classic.

Gamblour.

Quote from: ThrindleEveryone who is whining about it not being real enough should remain fixed to their "reality" shows.

Was this me? I didn't say it wasn't real enough. I just think the premise is too dumb to take seriously.
WWPTAD?

Thrindle

Quote from: Gamblor not so gone.
Quote from: ThrindleEveryone who is whining about it not being real enough should remain fixed to their "reality" shows.

Was this me? I didn't say it wasn't real enough. I just think the premise is too dumb to take seriously.

Yeah, I was more heavy handed than I meant to be.  I just like the fact that house is entertaining, and NOT a reality show!

I'M SO FUCKING SICK OF REALITY TV!!!!!  

(except of course for "Starting Over")
Classic.

ProgWRX

granted ive just seen one episode (in which Leslie Hope guest stars as a homeless lady who is believed to be faking ilnesses to spend time in the hosp.) so the rest might be total crap, but this particular one was pretty entertaining, and i guess the lead character is a love him/hate him kind of character , because i certianly found him amusing and funny...  :saywhat:

Now speaking of another show that i havent seen mentioned here:  Anyone watch Monk?  I used to think it sucked until my brother bought Season 1 on DVD and i finally got around to watching it, now i love it!
Tony Shalhoub is great in this! Its pretty formulaic, but the great thing about the show (or at least what strikes ME) is the way they deal with his quirks and issues in endearing and funny ways... also all the stuff with his wife, etc.
-Carlos

pete

yeah there's a nice article on this month's american cinematogrpaher about brian singer and his DP friend shooting the pilot.  a really indepth article.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

Quote from: ThrindleI think we can all agree that TV has turned to shit.
i don't agree with that.
under the paving stones.

Cecil

i agree that the show is rather flawed, but i think house is quite funny. except when hes doing clinic hours.