TOP TEN 2004

Started by Jeremy Blackman, January 28, 2005, 06:37:33 PM

Kal

Thats cheap... here tickets are 9 bucks... and if you buy them online (which I do, especially on weekends, you have to add a buck).

But I usually get them in Fandango/Movietickets and buy SENIOR tickets... nobody gives a shit and they are 6.50. I'm not paying 10 bucks!

nix

4.50 and 6.75?! What part of the south are you from? Here in Nashville it's 6 and 8.[/quote]
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

Finn

Mississippi, but we hardly ever get any of the indie films so I gotta travel to see them or I wait to see them on dvd.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Sleuth

Actually, here in the South South tickets are $3 for matinee, and $6 for regular, but if you go to a big theater then tickets are $6.75 for matinee and like $9 for regular, and the reason for this is white flight.  A downtown theater with indie films is something like $12, but I don't watch that shit
I like to hug dogs

pete

here I work at a movie theater and haven't paid for a movie in like two and a half years.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

artfag

They are as follows:

1. Hotel Rwanda
2. Sideways
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
4. The Incredibles
5. Ray
6. The House of Flying Daggers
7. Kinsey
8. The Aviator
9. Million Dollar Baby
10. Left Vacant until I am able to see Bad Education and the Motorcycle Diaries.  This list will change after viewing those films I am sure.

Myxo

1. Million Dollar Baby
2. Sideways
3. Aviator
4. Before Sunset
5. Finding Neverland
6. Closer
7. House of Flying Daggers
8. Collateral
9. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
10. Kill Bill Vol. 2

ono

I highly recommend Kinsey, too.  It's funny, heartwarming, enlightening, and extremely well-acted.  It's a shame more attention hasn't been paid to it, but at least Linney was recognized for her work.  Neeson and Saarsgard should have been, too, though.

Thrindle

Quote from: artfagThey are as follows:

1. Ray
2. Million Dollar Baby
3. Sideways
4. The Incredibles
5. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
6. The House of Flying Daggers
7. Kinsey
8. The Aviator
9. Phantom of the Opera
10. Super Size Me
Am I blind?  Where is Before Sunset?  Come on now, I KNOW you can do better...    :saywhat:
Classic.

Finn

You can lose Ray, Phantom of the Opera and Super Size Me.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Alethia

somethin like this

before sunset
eternal sunshine
notre musique
undertow
hotel rwanda
dreamers
incredibles
million dollar baby
brown bunny
dogville

honorable mentions - anchorman, vera drake, spiderman, napoleon dynamite

absolute worst of the year - garden state, intimate strangers, phantom of the opera, the village

Just Withnail

I'm finally getting to the point where I've seen enough to warrant a Top Ten. Just maybe though. Will be seeing Million Dollar Baby tonight - Notre Musique, Undertow and Vera Drake soon, as well as many others listed below - so this one might not last long:

1. Eternal Sunshine
2. Before Sunset
3. The Aviator
4. Life Aquatic
5. Sideways
6. Incredibles
7. Bad Education
8. Five Obstructions
9. Closer
8. Dreamers
9. Brown Bunny
10. ?

Need to see:
Million Dollar Baby, Notre Musique, Vera Drake, Undertow, Hotel Rwanda, Kinsey, Finding Neverland, Closer, Collateral, I Heart Huckabees, A Very Long Engagement, Tarnation, 2046, The Saddest Music in the World, I'm Not Scared, Last Life in the Universe, FUCK I despise this desolate place!

meatball

Ultrahip

1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
2. A Very Long Engagement
3. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
4. Before Sunset
5. The Aviator
6. The Motorcycle Diaries
7. Sideways
8. Bad Education
9. The Incredibles
10. I Heart Huckabees

Honorable Mention: The Dreamers, Collateral

Film Student

(Again Revised) Final Top Ten for 2004:

1.  Dogville
2.  The Dreamers
3.  I Heart Huckabees
4.  Before Sunset
5.  Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
6.  The Aviator
7.  Collateral
8.  Shaun of the Dead
9.  Haute Tension
10.  Garden State

Runners Up:  Napoleon Dynamite, Dawn of the Dead, Kill Bill Vol. 2

Need to see: Sideways, Closer, Ray, Life Aquatic, Million Dollar Baby, The Incredibles, Born into Brothels, Undertow, Five Obstructions, Brown Bunny
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter