My interview in Billboard

Started by Kal, April 23, 2004, 12:08:42 AM

This thread is as sterotyped-filled as the Matrix Revolutions thread.
context, context, context.

Kal

Cinephile I think you already prooved your IQ is too low for anyone here.

The way Walrus said it was funny... maybe because you're a fucking dumb kid and you dont know the difference...

I'm not wasting any more words on you... I will ignore you from now on... good luck with your stupid, pathetic and ignorant existence.

SoNowThen... the fact is that the market needed something like this and Apple and some other companies started it in the USA... a group of companies in Europe... and nobody did anything in LatAm... that is why we did it. There are still many issues to resolve but the main thing now is that we have all the atention from the music fans and the industry to make a change... Not only that but the fact that we're working closely with all the Majors (Sony, Universal, BMG, Warner, EMI) and organizations like the Grammys and IFPI makes us able to really shake things up...

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobA Jew borrowing MONEY from a German group
Quote from: andyk (10)The way Walrus said it was funny...
How exactly is the "money-grubbing Jew" image funny? Especially to somebody who is sensitive about that kind of thing?

And how is Cinephile supposed italicize, bold, and underline a Nazi flag?

SoNowThen

Come on, Walrus' post was funny. Gimme a break.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: SoNowThenCome on, Walrus' post was funny. Gimme a break.
Can you elaborate?

How is a Nazi flag posted in a non-Jewish context more harmful, less "funny," and more instrinsicly Jewish than one of the most disgusting Jewish stereotypes posted in an explicitly Jewish context?

SoNowThen

I'm not making any comparisons or contrasts. But I will tell you why Walrus' comment was witty:

it points out the irony supported by history that Jewish people more often than not did the money lending (see Merchant of Venice  :) ), so the idea that a group of people who historically oppressed another group of people would now be the ones doing the favor... is well, as I said, ironic. And humorous.

Unless you are a PC warrior. Then I guess it's not funny.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Jeremy Blackman

Excellent point... It was effectively funny, if you're willing to shed your humanity for a moment of pleasure at some one else's expense, and apologize for & perpetuate a disgusting stereotype in the process.

SoNowThen

Which we established in the rape thread is a valid way to be funny.

Jeremy Blackman

Try not to simplify it too much... If there's no satire or reclamation, then all you have is this:

Quote from: Jeremy Blackmanand apologize for & perpetuate a disgusting stereotype in the process.

If your comfortable with those implications, there's nothing I can do to stop you.

SoNowThen

Quote from: 50 CentiphileI didn't want to say it before but I'm saying it now: Lighten the fuck up.

Jeremy Blackman

SoNowThen

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanLightening up = ignorance?

I'll give you that if I'm allowed to have truth=misogyny...

Kal

Jeremy... there are stereo-types and jokes everyone makes about blacks, jews, midgets, whatever... sometimes they are funny and sometimes people get offended... I am personally a very generous person and although I dont come from a poor family I've been working my ass of since I'm 15 and I am known from throwing money away on every shit I see... very compulsive...

Now, when we're talking about a massacre where millions of people died including my family... I dont consider it a joke... and the problem here is that many people replied and its always Cinephile the one who fucks it all up... maybe he didnt mean it... but its just the way it was.

That image makes me sick and I wouldnt even want to go up to Google, look up for that picture and post it just for a stupid joke. The other stuff you may say about jews then I dont care because is well known for many generations that Jews were always the ones with all the money and they would be loan sharks very often... and they are also very cheap... and I definetly have members in my family and friends that are like that... so I laugh... but dont feel identified with it.

Sleuth

the thread that started as self-promotion has fallen so far :(
I like to hug dogs

Kal

Quote from: Slombthe thread that started as self-promotion has fallen so far :(

yup  :cry: