chris rock hbo special #4

Started by pete, April 19, 2004, 10:52:27 PM

pete

anyone else seen it?  He's still the same Chris Rock--doesn't mean he's as funny as he was before, but he definitely hasn't lost it.  I don't really like his bad marriage jokes though, in fact, aside from Richard Pryor, I don't think I've ever liked any standup's marriage routines.
Any other thoughts of Rock?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Kal

I love it... I went to see him live last year when he started with this tour and he is really great... I dont like some of the stuff but in general I cream my pants laughing for two hours

grand theft sparrow

As far as I'm concerned, Bigger and Blacker is the funniest stand-up routine I've ever seen.  I still laugh til I cry watching that one.  The CD was kind of a letdown compared to the HBO special; his timing was perfect on HBO.

This new one is great but it's no Bigger and Blacker.  And I find it interesting that two of the funniest men in America (Rock and Dave Chappelle) have jokes about Lil Jon.  Makes me wonder if George Carlin has any in store for his next show.

RegularKarate

Hacksparrow's comments mirror my opinions very much.

I'll just say that he's still sexist and still funny, just not as sexist and not as funny as he used to be.

modage

Quote from: RegularKarateHacksparrow's comments mirror my opinions very much.

I'll just say that he's still sexist and still funny, just not as sexist and not as funny as he used to be.
yeah.  dave chapelle is the new chris rock anyway.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.