President Bartlett

Started by El Duderino, March 30, 2004, 05:11:28 PM

El Duderino

Am I the only one who thinks President Bartlett (Martin Sheen on The West Wing) is the best president ever. I think Martin Sheen should run, and his running mate should be the writer.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

godardian

Quote from: El DuderinoAm I the only one who thinks President Bartlett (Martin Sheen on The West Wing) is the best president ever. I think Martin Sheen should run, and his running mate should be the writer.

Aaron Sorkin for president!!!!!!

Oh, yeahhhh...

Or a Sheen/Janney ticket... I'd go for that.

I love The West Wing and almost never miss it. Good thread.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

El Duderino

i love it because all the characters are so believable, and they do such a good job, but, ever since Aaron Sorkin left, the show has kind of gone downhill, IMO.

ono

The president from 24 has done a pretty good job.  I'd vote for him.  Which reminds me, new episode tonight!

El Duderino

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaThe president from 24 has done a pretty good job.  I'd vote for him.  Which reminds me, new episode tonight!

is that the guy that does the Allstate commercials? because he's awesome.

godardian

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaThe president from 24 has done a pretty good job.  I'd vote for him.  Which reminds me, new episode tonight!

His work in Far from Heaven made me want to check that out, but Keifer Sutherland is a drawback for me, so I still haven't made the leap. I'm also worried I'll get drawn in and won't have time to see a whole season through...  :?
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

El Duderino

i got first season 24 from the library, but i havent watched yet, i feel motivated to now though.

ono

Keifer is great, godardian.  He's truly an everyman's bad-ass.  I can't praise the show highly enough, really.  I watched it when it first aired a couple years ago, lost interest, but my brother got me back into it with the DVDs, which I highly recommend checking out if you have the chance.  But hope you have 16 hours to kill for each season.  They really are addicting.

Dennis Haysbert!  There we go!  That's his name!  And yes, he was great in Far From Heaven.  And yes, he does the AllState commercials.

godardian

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaBut hope you have 16 hours to kill for each season.  They really are addicting.

Yeah, aside from my Keifer problem, that's the other thing... I actually usually don't. I'm already putting time on reserve for the second season of Six Feet Under and that's months away.

Why couldn't all these have been released when I was a teenager and bored and frustrated, with way too much time to kill? :(

Pedro

Quote from: godardianWhy couldn't all these have been released when I was a teenager and bored and frustrated, with way too much time to kill? :(
:yabbse-smiley:

godardian

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat
Quote from: godardianWhy couldn't all these have been released when I was a teenager and bored and frustrated, with way too much time to kill? :(
:yabbse-smiley:

That's right, rub it in, you young whippersnapper.  :)

RegularKarate

Dardi, don't bother trying to start 24 this season... it blows now.

It is addictive though... the first two seasons sucked me in.

It's really mindless and all very overacted, but it's fun to watch.  

This season got way too overdone though... just too ridiculous and dramatic to really accept... even for what it is... fun schlock.

If you have time, you should rent the first or second season though... only if you time, it's no Six Feet Under

monodynamic

i am a 24 addict.  i love this season even though it might lean towards suckage. i cannot wait for the episode when the annoying Kim Baur will DIE (Why do they make her so U-G-L-Y)!!!!!

...and yet... I cannot wait until the next season of 24.
...and President Palmer can be my President any day.

Weak2ndAct

Yeah, I loathe 24 this year as well.  It really jumped the tracks, and I'm really starting to get sick of this whole ditch-the-villain halfway through thing.  First two seasons (especially the first one) are tops in my book.

Pas

I dislike 24 and The West Wing.  :cry: