Being John Malkovich

Started by Chest Rockwell, December 13, 2003, 04:46:06 PM

SiliasRuby

Resaw this today and was blown away yet again. I really forgot how absurd the movie is
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

sheshothim

Saw this movie for the first time last night:
Why hadn't I seen it before??!?!?!!
WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME!?!!??!

One of my favorite movies of all time now. Why? I thought it was fast paced: "Oh look, I'm skanky John Cuask with puppets, now I have a job, now I'm falling in love with a new lady and making out with her puppet style, now I'm in a cave, now I'm John Malcovich, now I'm crazy......"

Yeah....I mean....yeah. It was just fun. That's probably all I have to say for now.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

RegularKarate

Quote from: sheshothim on June 05, 2006, 09:23:58 PM
WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME!?!!??!

do you live in a bubble or a cave?

hedwig

get off sheshothim's account, neil.  :evil:

Neil

Quote from: Deadwig on June 06, 2006, 01:24:42 AM
get off sheshothim's account, Neil.  :evil:

We both know that you guys liked that post way too much for it to be me, so don't give me that.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

hedwig

Quote from: Neil on June 06, 2006, 01:02:40 PM
you don't even really know Cameron's characters name
uh, you weren't paying attention. her name was lotte.

Pubrick

Quote from: Neil on June 06, 2006, 01:02:40 PM
Edit: i didn't read any of the past posts on here, but after watching it recently again with sheshothim, i forgot I've never said anything about the movie, and i wanted to talk more about the film,

First off i hate the the subtle cusack impression done by malkovich when Craig is inside him...also, i hate how the you don't even really know Cameron's characters name, because she is bland, and she is nothing like "maxeen this, and maxeen that, maxeen maxeen maxeen"  also there are a couple shots that really struck me, and made cusack look like a possible puppet, and i thought that was kick ass...this movie is great, i hate Kaufman.

I really liked that jewel thief movie he was in.
did you set out to write the worst review you've ever written? congratulations. please stop.
under the paving stones.

Neil

nothing original
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

©brad

the problem, neil, is that your "review" is a mere plot synopsis, and a muddled, feeble one at that. ("Craig likes Maxine. He doesn't like Lotte because she is dull"). illuminating.

if you're going to write a review on a movie the board has already discussed ad nauseam (several years ago, no less), try to add something worth reading--- actually, you know what, i think i'm beating a horse that has been dead for quite some time here. just try to limit yourself to one post a week if you can. that'd be good for everyone.

blackmirror

Being John Malkovich is a visionary masterpiece.  Sometimes, I feel like I work on the 7½ floor...