Dvd Problems

Started by zerocool41, December 04, 2003, 09:53:39 PM

zerocool41

I have adobe premiere and sonic dvdit....i want to make a dvd that will play in a regular dvd player.  As far as i can tell, it's only allowing me to play it in a computer's dvd player...Help!
I'm going to lay down a monster hand here.

zerocool41

I guess the question to ask first is...will my hewlett packard 300e dvd burner burn a dvd that will play in any dvd player or playstation 2, etc..etc..then...will only certain programs do that? I'm lost

freakerdude

Good luck on trying to burn any copyrighted DVDs b/c it isn't going to currently be allowable. I am not sure what format a movie or game DVD uses.....MPEG is the typical format.

Any burners out there yet who have a clue?
MC Pee Pants

aclockworkjj

what kinda disc is it?

zerocool41

I made a movie on my camera and edited it...now i want to burn it to dvd to watch on a dvd player

aclockworkjj

Quote from: zerocool41I made a movie on my camera and edited it...now i want to burn it to dvd to watch on a dvd player
is it a DVD-R/W or DVD+RW....???

is it just not playing in your standalone DVD player or have you tried maybe a friends DVD player?  The blank DVD media can be goofy between players and burners...(it's just a new technology...needs some tweeking still, I think)

I have been having the same problems, gimme some info before I spit out a bunch of garbabge...

zerocool41

ok i burnt my short film onto a dvd+rw on my hp 300e burner.  I then tried to play it in my playstation 2 and nothing happened...wouldn't play.  It did work in my dvd drive playing in windows media player though.  Reading through sonic dvd it manual it never mentions that it would play in a regualr dvd player so i'm suspect.  it only mentions computer dvd dvives...

I made this movie for a speech i'm giving at work..and i want to know whether to tell them to bring a dvd player and television or to have a laptop with a dvd drive..

aclockworkjj

hmmm, i know DVD+RW's can be goofy.  I wish I knew more about it.  

But I did find this for you, maybe it will help.  ????

ReelHotGames

ps2's depending on your version (1-8) may not actually play dvd-rw/+rw try a standard +r or -r disc (depending on your burner)
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

freakerdude

Quote from: zerocool41I made this movie for a speech i'm giving at work..and i want to know whether to tell them to bring a dvd player and television or to have a laptop with a dvd drive..
You better bring your own DVD player that you know works. Or tell them to bring both. You remember how many first generation DVD players wouldn't play CD-R's and CD-RWs.......now it is a common feature.

Expect DVD-R to follow suit with the same DVD player/CD-R incompatibility problems.
MC Pee Pants