The X-Files: I Want to Believe

Started by coffeebeetle, December 03, 2003, 11:09:24 AM

coffeebeetle

I don't think this was posted on here yet...so eat your heart out.

MK Magazine News

« Clint Eastwood In BATMAN 5 | Main | OUI Sex Toy Line Will Reflect Goth/Metal Aspect of the Magazine »

December 01, 2003
Duchovny: X-Files Movie Sequel

The X-Files star David Duchovny, writing as a guest reviewer for the Razor gaming Web site, said that a second X-Files movie is in the works, with shooting to begin possibly next year.

Duchovny also voices Mulder in the upcoming PlayStation 2/Xbox video game The X-Files: Resist or Serve, with his longtime co-star, Gillian Anderson, voicing Scully.

"I'm proud of The X-Files, and I'm very pleased to see how the video game will help extend the life of the series," Duchovny wrote. "We're also working to put together the next X-Files movie. I'd imagine we'd get into shooting in the next year or so, depending on when the script is written."

In the meantime, Duchovny said, the new video game title is the next best thing. "I think people will like the game as much as the show, because we all enjoy mysteries where everyone thinks that there's just one final answer that'll be uncovered at the end," he said. "Plus, games are an acting challenge for their favorite stars, who want to be tools for the people shaping the product. With TV and movies, actors have more control over the performance." The X-Files: Resist or Serve will be available Feb. 18, 2004, with a suggested retail price of $49.99
Posted by Alex Zander at December 1, 2003 05:27 PM
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Vile5

"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Pubrick

Quote from: David Duchovny"I'm proud of The X-Files, and I'm very pleased to see how the video game will help extend the life of the series my career,"
under the paving stones.

Banky

coffebeetle is coming through with the avatars

i would like to think my choices might have helped guide him

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Bankycoffebeetle is coming through with the avatars

i would like to think my choices might have helped guide him

....nah it was GT's... :wink:

Weird. Oh

Didn't Duchovny leave the series because he was tired of the character of Mulder and being only identified with that?
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

MacGuffin

"X-Files 2" Gone Missing?

That most legendary of cult shows which crossed into mainstream hit territory before living long past its expiration date has always talked about getting another shot at the big screen. Now, over five years since their first film outing, that future is looking dim.

Entertainment Rewired recently wrote up a column on the film's potential and placed a few calls to key players who would be involved to find out what's going on - the results were not good:

"I put in a call to 1013 Productions, Chris Carter's production company, on Friday. Turns out, Chris Carter and 1013 have moved out of the FOX lot permanently, meaning that they are no longer working together. Does this mean that FOX and Carter have fulfilled their creative contract with one another, made back in 1999? Apparently.

Millennium, The Lone Gunmen and that other sci-fi virtual reality show which shall not be named here were all cancelled. And X-Files' ratings dropped significantly during its last season due to the absence of David Duchovny. The final episode, however, drew in about 13 million viewers. Back during X-Files' heyday, that would have been a disappointment, but considering just how many fans left after season eight, it's a surprise it broke the top 30 in the Nielsen ratings.

Nevertheless, I put in a call to Chris Carter's agent's office, and they were not currently aware of any activity with the project. However, I was assured that I would get back to after they would pursue a stronger answer, hopefully from Mr. Carter himself. Mr. Carter, if you're there, hash out a script already or at least tell us what's going on with it!".
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

MacGuffin

Duchovny Says "X-Files 2" Happening
Source: Dark Horizons

While promoting his comedic turn in the upcoming "Connie and Carla", co-star David Duchovny was asked whether the much-rumoured "X-Files" movie is likely to happen, and to everyone's surprise, he gave a resoundingly positive response.

"It's definiely happening", the actor said. "Chris has a great idea for the new movie and I expect we'll be able to begin shooting in the next year or so."

Asked whether he expects Mulder to develop in the film, the actor said "I hope not. I was really fighting against that in the final years of the show and I think the whole point. I think we're going to be introducing a new character in the film which will allow us to cast a major star, male or female, who will want to be part of an exciting supernatural thriller. I think the new movie will appeal to both our core fans and a broad audience. I'm very excited about it."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Chris Carter Says X-Files 2 Talks in Progress
Source: Variety, Teletext

Variety talked to The X-Files creator Chris Carter who says that Special Agent Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Special Agent Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) might soon reunite on the big screen for a sequel to 1998's The X-Files: Fight the Future, which collected $189 million at the worldwide box office.

"Frank (Spotnitz) and I have worked out a story, and there's a negotiation with (Fox) going on," he said, adding he's also in development on two other potential features.

Carter and Spotnitz both worked on the first film's story. This latest bit comes after recent news from UK's Teletext which spoke to David Duchovny about the possibility of a second film.

"We're all on the same page," Duchovny said. "Gillian Anderson wants to do it, I want to do it, Chris Carter, who would write and produce the film, wants to do it and I believe Fox the studio wants to do it. When you have the four major players in the enterprise wanting to do it, it will happen. It's just a matter of when. I hope it happens within the next year."

The 43-year-old star quit the TV show before it was cancelled, but said he was keen to play Mulder again. "I think it would be fun at this point, a few years removed, to get back into it and do it."

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleepless

Chris Carter tells official X-Files fan club new movie is imminent!

Chris Carter seems more ready than ever to do an X-Files movie. In an exclusive interview with The X-Files Official Fan Club, he said that things are indeed moving forward on a big-screen version of our favorite series. "I just had breakfast with David [Duchovny] this morning," he revealed. "I'm seeing Gillian [Anderson] in the next few days. Frank Spotnitz and I have cooked up an idea. Twentieth Century Fox wants to do it. It's just a matter of getting the deals done." We'll have more on next The X-Files movie in the months to come!

Source: The X-Philes (Official X-Files Newsletter)  :-D geek
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

MacGuffin

Carter leading 'Investigation' at Par

"The X-Files" creator Chris Carter is set to direct the big-screen adaptation of British author Philip Kerr's "A Philosophical Investigation" for Paramount Pictures. Mace Neufeld, who has owned the rights to the novel for close to a decade, is producing with Carter and "X-Files" collaborator Frank Spotnitz. Carter and Spotnitz also will adapt the thriller. Brian Witten is overseeing for Paramount, with Kel Symons overseeing for Mace Neufeld Prods. "The property was brought to me while (I was) under contract to Paramount," Neufeld said. "It is one of my passion projects, and they generally take a long time to get off the ground. (Paramount chief) Sherry Lansing brought up the idea of Chris Carter. I thought it was a great idea. I love 'The X-Files.' We had an exciting dinner discussing it. We will be seeing a script shortly. I'm a big fan of Chris and Frank and am very enthusiastic about the project. There is a great role for a leading woman."

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

David Duchovny Talks X-Files
New films are in the works!

After the success of the 1998 feature X-Files: Fight the Future, many expected that creator Chris Carter and stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson would bank on that success for an immediate follow-up. Nearly seven years have passed with little development and, for all intents and purposes, the chance for X-Files fans to see the stories continue appeared slim at best.

In the past couple of years, talk has again come up of another feature film, with Duchovny himself even mentioning earlier this year that it might be happening. Today, during IGN FilmForce's interview with David Duchovny, he all but confirmed a return to the series, possibly as early as next year. "Well, there's no script, but Chris tells me it's like early next year. I mean, you know, the guy wrote 150 of them. He could have a script by the end of the day. The fact that there's no script or treatment is not dissuasive, to use an X-File word. I would imagine, since the three major parties are willing; Chris, myself and Gillian, I know it will happen and I would imagine it will happen early next year. It's just a matter of everybody getting their needs met I guess."

When asked whether this film will tie up many of the questions still left to ponder by the show and film, Duchovny immediately responded with a definitive no. "No, that's why it's a franchise. That's why you've got to make three or four of them before we all get too laughably old to do those roles."

When asked whether Doggett, the character played by Robert Patrick after Duchovny left the show, might return in the next movie, Duchovny has no clear answer. "That's not up to me. I think if Doggett, if that's part of the story, for sure. Doggett's an interesting character within the X-Files universe. It's always the story that mandates the character's involvement in the X-Files, whose issue is being provoked by this case, whether it's Scully religiosity or Mulder's sister, that kind of thing."

Fans of The X-Files will be thrilled to learn that this film is not planned as a final installment for the series, but rather as the first of as many as three to four more new films. "No, I don't think there's plans. I think it's a standalone. I don't think it will even address [ending the series]. I think, by the by, it will address, but I think mostly, my feeling is it will be, and I don't know because I am not writing it, is it will be one of the great standalone episodes. It's a case, more like a Silence of the Lambs, you know, standalone movie and not one of the mythology movies."

The success and longevity of the X-Files storylines has transcended any expectations those involved, including Duchovny, could have ever predicted. "What I take away from that show more than the popularity and the influences is the sheer quality of the show when I hold it up against any other television show in the history of television. The production values, the storytelling, the frame that can hold from comedy to thriller to horror, there's just no other show like it and I don't see another show coming along because they only make, they're making TV cheaper and cheaper and that stuff has gotten more expensive. The current taste for what I call unscripted shows, I don't call them reality because I don't think they have anything to do with that, but they are unscripted apparently, they're cheap."

Before he left the room, Duchovny was asked what he considered to be the ultimate season of the show, perhaps as a starter for the uninitiated to pick up on DVD. "The best year for me? I think six. I just think it had the gambit from humor to horror to thrillers. I just think we did everything that year."

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

X-Files 2 Negotiations Wrap This Week Says Duchovny!       
Source: IESB

The idea for a second X-Files film has been in the works for a long time. The IESB attended the TV Set press day today and spoke with David Duchovny about just that!

Back in 2005 Duchovny told IGN, "According to USA Today, Duchovny told reporters at the recent 10th Annual Critics' Choice Awards that he expected to shoot X-Files 2 some time this year or in early 2006. Elaborating on the project, the actor said it would not involve the alien conspiracy storyline that helped make the television series so popular. Instead, he stated, it would be a standalone supernatural horror film."

Well we know it obviously didn't happen, but things never happen quickly in Hollywood.

Duchovny spoke about it briefly to the IESB today while promoting TV Set.

Duchovny says X-Files fans will have their second film after all! He revealed to the IESB that they were in final negotiations for the second X-Files film and should wrap this week. Plans are to start shooting in '08 or sooner!

If negotiations get nailed down this week as planned, it looks like he will once again fill the shoes of our favorite Special Agent, Fox Mulder.

Skeleton FilmWorks