Post your DVD Deals

Started by SHAFTR, November 17, 2003, 11:44:42 PM

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

www.bestbuy.com/tradeandsave

Don't believe the link is active yet but it's listed in their Sunday flyer so will probably be active tomorrow.  The ad reads "Trade in any previously owned DVD at Customer Service and receive $5 toward select Blu-ray movies - choose from over 135 titles"
"If I had to hold up the most heavily fortified bank in America," Bolaño says, "I'd take a gang of poets. The attempt would probably end in disaster, but it would be beautiful."

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Terrence Malick 50% Off Criterion Sale

We're as excited as you to see Terrence Malick's latest, THE TREE OF LIFE, in theaters next week. To help you get reacquainted, we're putting two of his most beautiful, powerful films, DAYS OF HEAVEN and THE THIN RED LINE, on sale all weekend. (If you already own them, tell us your favorite moment from a Malick film in the comments; We'll pick a winner Monday who'll get something special.) Through Sunday, 5/22 (or while supplies last) take 50% off both titles on Blu-ray and DVD using the promo code: NATURE at criterion.com.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pwaybloe

I tried this, so just a bit of clarification... It is 50% off SRP, not their discounted selling price.  It's an ok deal. 

Carry on. 

Stefen

Pwaybloe, I barely recognize you!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

The Barnes and Noble 50% off Criterion sale is on!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

classical gas

This is only for today:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in Movies & TV deals might like to know "The Stanley Kubrick Collection" on DVD or Blu-ray is the featured Deal of the Day at Amazon.com. This offer is valid today only, Thursday, November 10, and while supplies last.

Our Deal of the Day price is just $31.49 for the DVD and $62.99 for the Blu-ray--58% off the list price of $74.98 and $148.99, respectively. These deluxe sets include "Spartacus," "Lolita," "Dr. Strangelove," "2001: A Space Odyssey," "A Clockwork Orange," "Barry Lyndon," "The Shining," "Full Metal Jacket," and "Eyes Wide Shut."

Reel

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 01, 2011, 01:47:43 PM
The Barnes and Noble 50% off Criterion sale is on!

Finally I get to post something in here, proving to you guys I do in fact have money, sometimes.

Snagged this for $20

ono

Quote from: classical gas on November 10, 2011, 08:02:42 AM
Customers who have shown an interest in Movies & TV deals might like to know "The Stanley Kubrick Collection" on DVD or Blu-ray is the featured Deal of the Day at Amazon.com.
Thxu!  :yabbse-thumbup:

analogzombie

Barnes and Noble 15% off one item good thru 11/20/11, stacks with Criterion Sale:

Enter code W7H8D9M at checkout
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

tpfkabi

If anyone still buys DVDs, Big Lots has the 2 disc TWBB for $5.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Reel

you say that like every Big Lots has the same crap. That is one helluva steal, though.

squints

Quote from: Reelist on November 20, 2011, 10:03:16 PM
you say that like every Big Lots has the same crap.

Generally, they do.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

tpfkabi

Quote from: squints on November 20, 2011, 10:15:47 PM
Quote from: Reelist on November 20, 2011, 10:03:16 PM
you say that like every Big Lots has the same crap.

Generally, they do.
It is a chain, so I assume that most will. Also have the 2 disc Criterion Benji Butt for $5.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

ono

Mad Men S1-3 are $8.99 at Amazon.com via "Lightning Deals".  They're going fast, though.  S4 was already gone at that price when I checked.