CITY OF GOD DVD?

Started by TENOCH, October 20, 2003, 08:36:01 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: Byron the Assmunch"I never really liked the movie that much.  I mean, it's okay, but I hate reading subtitles.  And I think American audiences agreed with me," *chuckle*.
you are what's wrong with america, ignorant jerk.
under the paving stones.

Quote from: P
Quote from: Byron the Assmunch"I never really liked the movie that much.  I mean, it's okay, but I hate reading subtitles.  And I think American audiences agreed with me," *chuckle*.
you are what's wrong with america, ignorant jerk.

i would change "America" to "Human Race"
context, context, context.

Jeremy Blackman

My love-hate relationship with Miramax reaches a climax.

Quote from: PawbloeMiramax's flamboyant chairman, Harvey Weinstein, was unavailable for comment.
Right now is exactly when we need his flamboyancy.

Pwaybloe

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: PawbloeHaha!  Gotcha!
:yabbse-angry:

Explain.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Pwaybloe

The story was a joke.  Breathe a sigh of relief.

©brad

dude, i used to share jeremy's love/hate feelings towards harvey weinstein. now i'm not so sure.

there's an article on the weinstein brothers in the latest issue of Vanity Fair (the one with Gweneth Paltrow on the cover) basically the whole article is about how harvey and bob are the biggest assholes in hollywood. let me share with you some noteworthy quotes:

"Both brothers had volcanic tempers... [Harvey] tore phones out of walls and hurled them. He slammed doors and overturned tables. Almost anything within reach could become a weapon- ashtrays, mounted posters, tapes, the framed family photographs that he'd heave at some hapless executive and watch as they hit the wall..."

one of the publicists commented on working at Miramax: "My first experience with Harvey was when he was flying out for a premiere. He would usually arrive the day of the screening, and he called from the plane and said, 'When my plane lands, if I don't have 25 ticekts in my hand, you're fired!"

"When Harvey lashes out, he wants to hurt people. He has moments of dementia where he really loses it- he gets so into whatever it is, he's not thinking straight. There isn't a woman in that office that wasn't made to cry. Could be anything, even a marketing concept. Once I saw him so flummoxed, and so bent out of shape about something, that he was screaming at a woman, just berating her beyond belief, and calling her some man's name- he didn't even know who he was talking to."

the article goes on and on about Bob and Harvey and how they hate eachother. it talks a lot about Scream and how Bob watched the first dailies and hated it and called Wes's assistant and asked her to interrupt Wes right as he was in the middle of filming a shot! she handed Wes the phone and bob was all like "These dailies suck, and that mask you picked out was a fucking joke. I never approved it." bob wanted him to film with four different masks so he could choose which one he liked in the end. Craven and his crew were furious. they kept getting threats that it was all going to get shut down. finally Craven managed to put together a rough cut of the film, sent it to bob. bob and harvey watched it and LOVED it. they sent craven $400k to finish.

the article really made me angry. i kept thinking about how great it would be as a filmmaker to make a deal with harvey and bob, have them fuck you over royally as they usually to (eps. to young directors) and take their fatasses to court and sue for millions, and win!!! then i'd take the settlement money and i'd go out and buy a big black mercedes and get a vanity license plate that said 'thnx harvey." wouldn't that be, like, bliss? seriously though, i used to have a sort of admiration for harvey's "don't fuck with me" attitude, but making girls cry and throwing things, that shit ain't right.

SoNowThen

they get a lot of movies made
a lot of good movies
they watch the bottom line -- that's their job
they may be assholes, but most studio execs seem to be, so I'd like to work with the best assholes

I like the fact that Harvey is passionate about what he does.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: SoNowThenI like the fact that Harvey is passionate about what he does.

Quote from: ©bradbut making girls cry and throwing things, that shit ain't right.

SoNowThen

At my old job, when I worked with lots of girls, they were crying constantly about a myriad of things.

What's that old saying... "if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the street"..

I'm sure Harvey's not the nicest guy in the world. Like I said, d'you think he'd get all he got done if he was Joe Friendly?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

JackofAllTrades

QuoteWhat's that old saying... "if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the street"..

I'm sure Harvey's not the nicest guy in the world. Like I said, d'you think he'd get all he got done if he was Joe Friendly?

Hollywood is tough, and you gotta fight your way to the top. Harvey is still fighting.

I don't blame him.
a jack or a jacker?

you ask yourself

samsong

jack i hate your avatar.  i hate clowns.

that is all.

©brad

Quote from: SoNowThenAt my old job, when I worked with lots of girls, they were crying constantly about a myriad of things.

What's that old saying... "if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the street"..

fuck that! look, i understand that you have to be tough enough so ppl don't walk all over you, but you really should read this article; this man has a problem. it wasn't just the women, the men were scared of him too. another part of the article i didn't quote was when one of the executives (male) had a small disagreement w/ harvey regarding a marketing concept. harvey threw silverware and a china plate on the dude. he was also privy to get into shoving matches w/ ppl.

i don't care how many good movies miramax shits out. it's still no excuse for that kind of behavior. i mean, would you want to work there?

Pozer

I'd love to work with that balding crater faced fat fuck