stand-up comics

Started by chinaski40, October 06, 2003, 04:19:57 AM

Ravi

Mario Cantone
Kevin James
Sabrina something (I've only seen one show of hers but it is hilarious.  Wish I could remember her name.  She has very short hair and wore a Hawaiian shirt, which tells you something...)
Hugh Fink (writer on SNL, but his standup is funny)

coffeebeetle

Denis Leary
Wanda Sykes
Jay Mohr (for his Chris Walken impression alone)
Laura Kitelinger (I know I fucked up her last name....)
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

SoNowThen

Quote from: coffeebeetleJay Mohr (for his Chris Walken impression alone)

So agreed!!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ElPandaRoyal

QuoteJay Mohr (for his Chris Walken impression alone)

When did that happen?
Si

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: EEz28
Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoobPablo Francisco (I'm so suprised no one put him up yet)

Damn you!!! i was reading through these and i was just about to put his name, my girlfriend introduced me to him on a video she had taped on comedy central and i nearly pissed my pants.

(In THE Voice)...In the city...you must fight to survive...he sold tortillas on the corner of the street...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

RegularKarate

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoobPablo Francisco (I'm so suprised no one put him up yet)

Quote from: EEz28Damn you!!! i was reading through these and i was just about to put his name, my girlfriend introduced me to him on a video she had taped on comedy central and i nearly pissed my pants.

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoob(In THE Voice)...In the city...you must fight to survive...he sold tortillas on the corner of the street...

Ohhhhh... that guy.

Man, he stretches his material waaaaaaayyyyy too thin.

He's got a few funny jokes, but he rides them way too long.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: RegularKarateMan, he stretches his material waaaaaaayyyyy too thin.

He's got a few funny jokes, but he rides them way too long.

Yeah I guess, I love him anyway.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

picolas

Majumder made me laugh harder than ever one night, but it may have been an allignment of the planets thing..

Pedro

I like eddie izzard alot

freakerdude

Quote from: godardianI can't imagine anyone finding Ellen Degeneres abrasive as a stand-up comedian... her stand-up is probably the most gentle out there.  :?:
You are right, I shouldn't have included Ellen under the abrasives list...should have said the Dice Man instead.

A few more to my list of one's I like:
Eddie Murphy
David Allen Grier
Jamie Foxx
MC Pee Pants

MacGuffin

Entertainment Weekly posted their list of America's Funniest Comedians (yeah, I know they aren't all stand-ups):

1.) Chris Rock
2.) Jon Stewart & The 'Daily Show' Team
3.) Will Ferrell
4.) Larry David
5.) David Chappelle
6.) Ellen DeGeneres
7.) Bill Murray
8.) Amy & David Sedaris
9.) Robert Smigel
10.) Jim Carrey
11.) David Letterman
12.) Aaron McGruder
13.) Jack Black
14.) Wanda Sykes
15.) Augusten Burroughs
16.) Scot Armstrong
17.) Conan O'Brien
18.) Ben Stiller & Owen Wilson
19.) Bernie Mac
20.) Maya Rudolph
21.) Demetri Martin
22.) Catherine O'Hara
23.) ego trip
24.) Sarah Silverman
25.) Dave Attell
25.5) Kelly Ripa
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: MacGuffin25.5) Kelly Ripa
Ripa?????

She's about as funny as a dead baby!

xerxes

Quote from: Pedro the WombatI like eddie izzard alot

he's great

Sigur Rós

Quote from: MacGuffin17.) Conan O'Brien

Scary!   :shock:

NEON MERCURY

where's Bob Sagat......he was :snaps fingers: "Fantastic"....when he use  to host Americas' funniest home videos.....