stand-up comics

Started by chinaski40, October 06, 2003, 04:19:57 AM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: RegularKarate on June 28, 2010, 03:11:56 PM
Quote from: // w ø l r å s on June 28, 2010, 12:29:47 PM
Perhaps the rest of this should continue in the stand-up thread as opposed to top 5, but that's getting technical

Is this the one?

Yeah, thanks.

Quote from: polkablues on June 29, 2010, 02:09:27 AM
Speaking of Louis CK, his FX show premieres this coming night!  Super excited.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/louie/

I have high hopes for it, since I did really like Pootie Tang and loved Lucky Louie, but I wonder what his humor would be like on FX.  Though on Alway Sunny they tend to get away with a lot.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Tictacbk

Compiling a top 5 list would take me forever (I'm going to try at some point though) , but someone who people should seek out and see (and if you saw Conan's live tour, you got to see him open for Conan): Reggie Watts.

By the way, just finishing up the WTF podcasts with Carlos Mencia, good stuff thanks for recommending it.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Reel

i hate about 95% of that list

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

polkablues

Bo Burnham's "Words Words Words" is available on Netflix Instant now.  If you enjoy things that are funny, you should watch it.  Burnham has evolved very quickly from a simple funny-song comedian to one with a real point of view; his comedy is very analytical, but not so much that it's up its own ass.  He's already great, but as young as he is, I can't wait to see what he comes out with in the future.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Jeremy Blackman

I watched that a few days ago... it's fantastic.

I had seen his Comedy Central Presents special from a while ago. His unnecessary raunchiness became grating, and honestly he seemed like a half-remembered really annoying person I might have known in high school.

He's improved so much since then.

If you like this, Daniel Tosh's "Completely Serious" is mandatory viewing.

Reel

these uber white comics really get under my fucking skin

pete

whoa this kid's from the first town my family moved to when we got to the US.
SUPER NICE houses.
he may sound interesting but I just can't listen to singer songwriter comedians, not even the good ones like flight of the conchords. if a dude sits there with a keyboard or a guitar and he's telling jokes, I can't stand it. zach g was the only one I could handle, but it was because his act grew much keyboard than the keys.
- Buster Keaton

cinemanarchist

http://www.tastefullyoffensive.com/2011/05/john-mulaney-best-meal-ive-ever-had.html

John Mulaney - Best Meal I've Ever Had

Have not gone through all ten pages of this thread, so sorry if this is a repeat.

*Why do people feel the need to put up stupid fucking images on YouTube videos? Just hide the window and listen.*
My assholeness knows no bounds.

RegularKarate

John Mulaney is fantastic.  I was super psyched when he got the SNL job, but I was scared that would mean I wouldn't get to see his standup, but he's working on a new album and is coming here in a couple weeks.  Super excited.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: cinemanarkissed on June 07, 2011, 10:39:53 AM
http://www.tastefullyoffensive.com/2011/05/john-mulaney-best-meal-ive-ever-had.html

John Mulaney - Best Meal I've Ever Had

Have not gone through all ten pages of this thread, so sorry if this is a repeat.

*Why do people feel the need to put up stupid fucking images on YouTube videos? Just hide the window and listen.*

Haha, I got to steal that.

Reel

Patton Oswalt's 'Finest Hour' was hilarious! I hadn't Lol'ed like that in a loooooonnngg time. It could very well be his finest hour, but he's always great.

pete

I started watching it...I SWEAR I heard the traffic cop joke somewhere...like by Bill Burr or something, but don't have the proof.
- Buster Keaton