Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy

Started by picolas, September 29, 2003, 10:14:47 PM

Ravi

I laughed so much during this movie.  Hysterical stuff.  Will Ferrell does a great stilted performance.  He talks off-camera as if he was in front of the TV camera.  He looked perfect in that mustache and hair.

I liked that the film never veered into the standard "take this seriously" moments that many comedies do.  We are never more than a few seconds away from a joke, and even the scenes after SPOILER Jack Black kicks Baxter off the bridge and after Ron is firedEND SPOILER were played for laughs.

The male news reporters here are portrayed as buffoons, and the jabs at the business of TV news reporting as vapid are not inaccurate, with the Panda Watch and cat fashion show, as well as the reliance on the TelePrompter.  Steve Carell steals most of his scenes.

grand theft sparrow

metroshane

My favorite part was the the cameos by BR and SF during the credits.  Genius.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

grand theft sparrow

Can someone please tell me what SPOILER Rudd's balls were named?END SPOILER The audience was laughing so hard at SPOILERThe OctagonEND SPOILER that I couldn't hear.

The Perineum Falcon

I know this doesn't help much, but one was named after his roommate in college, so I hear.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Raikus

I don't think there's ever been a movie so overexposed that it completely made me not want to watch it. Except Anchorman.

Every time I turn on the TV there's Will Ferrell in a mustache saying corny lines. The LAST thing I want to do is sit through 2 hours of this on purpose. I'll wait to rent it... maybe.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

SHAFTR

Quote from: RaikusI don't think there's ever been a movie so overexposed that it completely made me not want to watch it. Except Anchorman.

Every time I turn on the TV there's Will Ferrell in a mustache saying corny lines. The LAST thing I want to do is sit through 2 hours of this on purpose. I'll wait to rent it... maybe.

I'll 2nd that.  It seems the latest trend is to dress people up in funny clothes and rely on that for 90 mins.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

sickfins

good thing you actually saw the movie to back up these lame assumptions you have

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

you're lame[/size]|

Chest Rockwell

What's the point of giving such an opinion? All you're doing is hurting my feelings...

Raikus

Quote from: sickfinsgood thing you actually saw the movie to back up these lame assumptions you have

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

you're lame[/size]|
That's exactly my choice of words for describing all the damn Anchorman promos. It's annoyed the crap out of me so of course I'm not going to see the movie.

My opinion isn't about the movie itself, but that I'm completely turned off on this movie.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

tpfkabi

i don't think this has been mentioned........if it has just let this post be
i was watching the Biography on Son of Sam on A&E and at the end they had a fake Bio about Anchorman......i'm not kidding........it's hard for me to imagine what the promotional team was doing when they thought........"hmmm......let's make a fake 5 min. Bio for Anchorman and air it on A&E".........it was edited and even had music just like a regular Bio.........crazeee.............and i'm not even sure they mentioned the movie
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

El Duderino

the guy who nararrates Anchorman is the same guy who nararrates Biography.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Finn

*ADMIN EDIT FOR SPOILERS*

Really funny movie! The Jack Black scene was hilarious!
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

SiliasRuby

DVD News
Source: www.dvdaficionado.com
Release Date: December 28, 2004.....That date could change, but I can't wait.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

El Duderino

i'm about as enthusiastic about that DVD release as Pubrick is to Kill Bill Volume Two
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?