DVD Swap Meet

Started by Raikus, September 17, 2003, 09:14:58 AM

SoNowThen

Done.

I love you, btw. I've wanted that movie for a long time.

Pm me.

Anybody have a General Idi Amin Dada or a Grey Gardens or an Andrei Rublev they wanna part with, I'll do all the rest for one.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

samsong

looking for trades:

The Shield: Season 1 box set
Angel Heart
El Mariachi/Desperado - Director's Double Feature
The Grapes of Wrath
Patton - Special Edition - REGION 2 (french dvd)
Grand Canyon

modage

Saving Private Ryan 1 Disc
Panic Room: Superbit 1 Disc
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly 1 Disc
Mean Streets
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cine

I've posted these before but, again, I'm willing to negotiate an offer for them together as they're both just like new and truly great films - two of my favourites. PM me.

SoNowThen

CC Hitchcock's Spellbound

(just opened yesterday, mint condition)
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pubrick

Quote from: SoNowThenCC Hitchcock's Spellbound

(just opened yesterday, mint condition)
why don't u want it
under the paving stones.

SoNowThen

Well, I spilled coffee all over it by accident and then left it in the sandbox overnight....

:wink:

I just didn't like the movie AT ALL. It came off as cheeseball, overcooked, and not at all worth a second watch. But for those who worship at the altar of Hitchcock, it would be a joy to own, I'm assuming.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: SoNowThenBut for those who worship at the altar of Hitchcock, it would be a joy to own, I'm assuming.
Assuming makes an ASS out of U and ME.

SoNowThen

You'd be an ASS to not trade me for this oop mint dvd.

Cecil

Quote from: CinephileI've posted these before but, again, I'm willing to negotiate an offer for them together as they're both just like new and truly great films - two of my favourites. PM me.

i think this guy riped me off. sent him money but never got my aguirre dvd. sent him a pm and he never wrote back.

Myxo

Trade at your own risk.

Bethie

Quote from: Cecil
Quote from: CinephileI've posted these before but, again, I'm willing to negotiate an offer for them together as they're both just like new and truly great films - two of my favourites. PM me.

i think this guy riped me off. sent him money but never got my aguirre dvd. sent him a pm and he never wrote back.

HAHA. I'll have a little talk with him for you.
who likes movies anyway

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Cecil

I believe it.

You can't trust him as far as you can throw him.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Cecil

okay, matter resolved. i didnt get ripped off after all. now lets all get some ice cream

xerxes

stray dog - criterion (new)