Official Futurama Thread - Futurama back in '08 -RK has 2 years to afford cable

Started by ©brad, August 11, 2003, 04:12:20 PM

©brad

FUTURAMA
Volume 2 on DVD
Matt Groening's "Futurama" (DVD) featured Fry, a pizza delivery guy accidentally placed in cryogenic suspension (okay, he was frozen) only to be thawed out 1,000 years later in the year 2999. There he falls for the beautiful, one-eyed alien Leela, gets acclimated to the future with help from Bender, a robot reprobate, and ends ups working for a delivery company (intergalactic style). The second volume is available tomorrow on DVD and the four disc set includes commentary by the show's creators on all the episodes, 15 deleted scenes, Easter eggs, and much, much more.

- um, can i get a hell yea?

Cecil

Pas

Season 2's the best..this is great !

MacGuffin

Fox Home Entertainment have announced Futurama: Volume Four which will be arriving in shops from the 24th August this year. Retail will be set at around $49.98 This four-disc set will carry each episode of volume four, presented in 1.33:1 full screen along with English and Spanish soundtracks. Extras will include audio commentaries and deleted scenes for selected episodes, animatics, an easteregg and more.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Why are they called volumes and not seasons?

Fishbulb

Probably because they're presented on the DVDs in production order, not the order they were aired on FOX. FOX had a habit of holding onto episodes and delaying them until the following season to run them, so these episodes are the seasons as they were produced rather than as they were aired.

Pubrick

Quote from: FishbulbProbably because they're presented on the DVDs in production order, not the order they were aired on FOX. FOX had a habit of holding onto episodes and delaying them until the following season to run them, so these episodes are the seasons as they were produced rather than as they were aired.
u need an av, here u go..

under the paving stones.

Fishbulb

Hmm...I'm probably being dumb here, but how do I add it to my posts? I went into my profile and I'm not seeing how to add an avatar.

ono

In your profile, scroll down to the bottom to the Avatar Control Panel.  Follow the directions.

And Futurama is cool.  I'm pretty much burned out on Vol. 1, though.  Been watching it on and off for the last couple months since I got it.  I really like the Hell is Other Robots episode.  The musical number in that episode was great.  Can't really pick a favorite though.  All the episodes in season one have their moments.  Gonna get Vol. 2 soon.  If I remember correctly, that set has one of my favorite episodes - the one with Evil Santa.

Fishbulb

I don't have an avatar control panel. Really, I swear I don't.

ono

Maybe you have to make a certain number of posts before you can use an avatar.  I wouldn't know for sure, but that's my best guess.  Say, 100?

EDIT: Never mind, that's not it.  I've seen new accounts with avatars.  I'm stumped.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: FishbulbI don't have an avatar control panel. Really, I swear I don't.
I looked into it, and somehow you lost your avatar priveledges. I gave them back.

Fishbulb

Thanks  :-D

I think once before I uploaded something as an avatar that was too big, as kind of a joke. Oops.

Ravi

http://www.gotfuturama.com/cgi-bin/Comments.cgi?action=show&NewsID=1116435698,36520&Page=1

Talk about Futurama Direct to DVD     

Good news, everyone?

Over the last week, several sources from within the animation business have indicated to us that there is renewed talk at FOX about bringing fresh Futurama content directly to DVD. We corroborated this with other sources close to the show before publishing the information.

The talk is of course still in a preliminary stage. Options reported to us include one or more Futurama movies in case of a go-ahead.

Even though Futurama is not sure to return and the likelihood of its return is currently unknown, this is the first time in the past few years that we have heard of Futurama being discussed at the upper levels of FOX. They'll likely have a good look at the sales of the upcoming Futurama Monster Robot Maniac Fun Collection.

As soon as we get more information on the Direct to DVD story, we'll let you know right here.

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?