This Has Got To Be Some Kind Of Record

Started by modage, July 01, 2003, 10:48:59 PM

Ravi

chainsmoking insomniac

This is just frigging hilarious.  I'm laughing out loud right now..... :lol:
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

bonanzataz

Quote from: Derek237Hmm, maybe From Clay To Rueben will do better.

go right ahead. steal jon stewart's jokes.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

ono

Actually, that joke kind of writes itself; I'm sure we all had it on our minds.  I know I did.

chainsmoking insomniac

Heh-heh.  That didn't have John Stewart written all over it...seriously, it didn't.[/i]
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Derek237

I think every single show has used that joke, but then again maybe it's not much of a joke. I'd actually like to see how that would turn out.... :?

MacGuffin

FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY TO JAIL?: Justin Guarini is in a boatload of trouble for nearly running over a girl with a personal watercraft at a Texas lake Saturday. According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the 24-year-old former American Idol runner-up was ticketed for unsafe boat operation after he ran the watercraft up on shore, stopping a few feet short of a 5-year-old girl. (Maybe his hair got in the way.) Guarini was with five friends, including AI winner Kelly Clarkson — who he still insists is not his girlfriend. If convicted, he faces a fine of up to $2,000 and a maximum 180 days in jail. Rumor has it authorities are willing to drop all charges if he promises to immediately put an end to his singing and acting careers.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

sexterossa

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: MacGuffin
There is a thing called "15 minutes of fame"

and there running in the 14th

Quote from: MacGuffinThere is a thing called "15 minutes of fame" before an audience forgets, they have exceeded the time limit, and the studio wants/needs to keep their name out there.

Don't cut off my joke for a weaker one.
:lol:

well it succeeded in creating the foundation for an even funnier joke than the other two.
I dream of birds and sometimes they land and burst into flames. And I dream my teeth are rotting. And when I am awake, I dream of you.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

What I think is sad is the underlying themes in Kelly Clarkson's music.  (since i follow it so avidly)  Her first song entitled "A Moment Like This" was about how a "special event" was happening.  The lyrics obviously stating how she's happy to win.  (Way to rub it in!) But then, her album title "Thankful" (which I'm sure any hack with a record deal is) has the other hit "Miss Independent" to show that she is, without a doubt a shining star on her own.

I was about to say "Too bad when she burns out" or something clever I would've spent around a minute on, but knowing pop culture she'll be hanging out for much longer than we wanted her female solo-O Town ass.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ravi

"From CD Racks to Clearance Bin" is where they're going.

Pubrick

geez, can't u people elect anything right?
under the paving stones.

Jake_82

Speaking of fast DVD releases, anyone remember "The Real Cancun" from the end of April? Well I walked into the video store the other day and it was already out. I guess the really crappy movies are trying to get to video really quick before everyone completely forgets them.
your reality is at the end of your dream

Alethia

i have a special place in my heart for that film

markums2k

Quote from: Some IMDB Fucker
... it's really just an update of an old Frankie and Annette beach party movie--or a mid 60s Elvis film--with Justin and Kelly in the roles.  As such, it was not bad. The writers wisely chose to use time-tested plot elements and stock characterizations ... I thought this was FAR better than the Lizzie McGuire Movie ... Hey, I'd rather sit through this a second time than ADAPTATION or any PT Anderson film!

Are they serious?  Since when is From Justin to Kelly more acceptable than ANYTHING?  And since when is "time-tested plot elements" and "stock characterizations" a WISE decision??

I swear to fucking God, sometimes my country makes me want to vomit.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye