the marquee

Started by (kelvin), June 25, 2003, 03:32:33 PM

MacGuffin

How do German kids tie their shoes?

In little knot-zis.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Xixax

Best thread in a long time.
:yabbse-thumbup:
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

The Silver Bullet

Hitler was a bad person. But he died. So I like it.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

modage

Quote from: The Silver BulletHitler was a bad person. But he died. So I like it.

you said it. :wink:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

©brad

Quote from: MacGuffinHow do German kids tie their shoes?

In little knot-zis.

hehehe.

the hitler thing on the banner is hysterical, btw. i laughed.

modage

Quote from: ©brad
Quote from: MacGuffinHow do German kids tie their shoes?

In little knot-zis.

hehehe.

the hitler thing on the banner is hysterical, btw. i laughed.

you should've seen the OLD one. :yabbse-rolleyes:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

sphinx

okay.  fine.  refresh.  ya happy?  there's your freakin' witless, flat, uncontreversial banner.

Pedro

Quote from: sphinxokay.  fine.  refresh.  ya happy?  there's your freakin' witless, flat, uncontreversial banner.
CHANGE IT BACK!

The Silver Bullet

I wonder if we would have still disliked Hitler had he directed Magnolia. Or were he a goldfish.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

(kelvin)

You see, that's exactly what I wanted to say: once Hitler's name is mentioned, a lot of people immediately start joking, mostly in a provoking, sometimes even childish way. The issue is not wether it is funny or not, and I certainly agree with cecil b.demented that it should above all not be considered as a tabu subject, but it is rather an unsensitive approach to a not so far away part of history.

Pubrick

Quote from: chriskelvinbut it is rather an unsensitive approach to a not so far away part of history.
deal with it.
under the paving stones.

(kelvin)

Well, yes, that was my intention. As I already have said, it's just an opinion. So I will deal with it, but thanks for the suggestion.

modage

Quote from: The Silver BulletI wonder if we would have still disliked Hitler had he directed Magnolia. Or were he a goldfish.

both good points.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: The Silver BulletI wonder if we would have still disliked Hitler had he directed Magnolia. Or were he a goldfish.

I wonder if we would still dislike him had he won the war

(kelvin)

A very, very interesting point. Hitler himself said "The victor will never be asked if he told the truth."
...Well, Mr. Bush and Mr. Blair, how about the weapons of mass destruction...? Oh, sorry, I forgot, you won the war...