David Letterman , the man of letters

Started by Jack Sparrow, June 21, 2003, 09:15:29 AM

Bethie

I feel bad. For him to tell everyone on national tv, before it got out anywhere else, props to dave. he's always one step ahead.
who likes movies anyway

Pubrick

the third post in this thread, from 2003:

Quote from: P|/_ on June 21, 2003, 10:37:37 AM
other interesting facts about stephanie "monty" birkitt:
dave pronounces her name Burquette, like cigarette.
she looks good in costumes.
her ex-boyfriend danced without moving his arms in a lurching manner.
is hot with glasses.
loves monkeys, food.
prolly did dave at one point.

i knew it was her as soon as he said it.

i think the whole thing is completely bizarre. there's some lesson here but i feel it's muddled. the man was with this woman Regina Lasko for decades, but still had affairs, insisting marriage was not his thing after the disastrous first attempt. okay, fine. but was coming out ahead of the wave, that is telling everyone first before the media got a chance to spin it, the best way to resolve this debacle?

i also predicted that dave needed a scandal if he was gonna be interesting again, but i don't think this is the kind he needs. my hypothetical question is this: what if he just payed the guy the $2million he wanted and let it end there. is he that attached to his money? it's the principle of the thing! he'll say. ok but then his pride is in his money not in his relationships. dude must be respected cos he won't betray his wealth but he will betray his supposedly loyal companion. ha!

capitalism: a love story, indeed..
under the paving stones.

diggler

even paying the guy the 2 million wouldn't guarantee the story would go away, and he would look worse if it got out that he paid someone to keep it quiet. he made the right move (well, reaction anyway) and does anyone really care that david letterman slept with interns? it's not like he's the president.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

pete

it obviously wasn't impulsive, like mel gibson on ransom or something.  dozens of lawyers and PR people probably all put in their cents.  I think it's as classy a way to deal with something like this as one can.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

children with angels

Yeah, it WAS classy. It's also nice because it's someone acting in a way that treats infidelity in a mature manner, i.e.: as not the end of the world, as something that is often just bound to happen, because people are people, and not necessarily as a refferendum on your whole relationship/career/the institution of marriage.

Plus (to take a less idealistic tack), if movies have taught us anything it's that you can't just rid of blackmailers with a one-off payment.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

your signature is missing a letter, man.
did you guys see how funny that was?
i was using one of the key words of the thread's topic as a pun, wasn't that funny? did you guys get it?
i know, i thought it was lame as fuck. but hey, at least i'm being like youz guyzez wokka wokka

Stefen

I hope you're hammered because that's the only way to explain your wack behavior right now. Take an aspirin, drink some water and sober up and be cool again.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

I like 03, I like neil, and I like P, I wish they'd all get along.
- Buster Keaton

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pozer

Stefen

Quote from: Pozer on October 09, 2009, 05:29:21 PM
hahahahahaha

haha What the fuck is that thing? A little blue dude rocking the wheels of steel? That little guy's out of control.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Neil

Moral of this story: if david letterman fucks your wife, don't try and blackmail him.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

03 may have left a bizarre post, but his assertion that children's signature is missing a letter is oddly still valid.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

pete

I don't get it and I so badly want to.
- Buster Keaton

children with angels

How bizarre: I stared at my 9-word signature that I've had for years for a very, very, very long time before I was able to spot the missing 'h'. Fixed! Thanks 03, you mental mofo.

(Pete - it was in 'Should', or rather, as I for some reason had decided to spell it, 'Sould').
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/