PTA's new project?

Started by pumba, June 07, 2003, 03:34:05 PM

pumba

does anyone here know what PTA will be doing next? I know there are suggestive titles on the pta site but has he said anything about what he wants to do next?

sphinx

no clues, but usually he's hard at work either writing the script or scouting locations by the time the dvd for his previous film comes out on dvd

x5

MrBurgerKing

I think the next PTA flick will debut at Cannes in May of 2009. We will probably all wait, excited, for the next 6 years.

Duck Sauce

reload your redirection gun

Gold Trumpet

I think its been time enough since PDL for PTA to at least give a one sentence explanation of what he wants to do next and who he is writing for or whatever. Thats all I ask for.

~rougerum

Duck Sauce

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI think its been time enough since PDL for PTA to at least give a one sentence explanation of what he wants to do next and who he is writing for or whatever. Thats all I ask for.

~rougerum

Yeah I know. I know people here will give me shit like "let him do it at his pace" or "he just did this" but Id really like him to come out quick with everything, I mean compared to what he has done PDL was pretty light, and he should be anxious to make a new movie... well at least I think, even if PDL just came out, its been years since he wrote it, Id like to at least know hes doing something besides hearing him say "Im just living in the moment".... but I guess its easier to make demands when you arent the one who has to live up to them

sphinx

there's someone other than ms. apple who might delay x5 a bit

Redlum

The first and last bit of news I hard from pta.com was that he'd lined up Michael Penn for the music.

March 21 - March 27, 2003

A site reader met Michael Penn at the South by Southwest Festival & asked him what PTA is up to. Michael said that Paul is working on a new project & that he is in talks with him about doing the music!
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

phil marlowe

thats all very imformative, i'd really like some info. i still would like him to do science fiction or even better american pie 3?

phil marlowe

shit man there goes paul big chance. i'll propably see it anyway.

MacGuffin

I thought Paul was doing "Resident Evil 2."  :yabbse-wink:

Had to put the wink in there 'cause I know some people will think I'm serious.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

phil marlowe

Quote from: MacGuffinHad to put the wink in there 'cause I know some people will think I'm serious.
nooo you really shouldnt have, it would be great fun to see him do action or something like that. maybe he could take over the rush hour series.

emotions; bah.
explotions;  :yabbse-thumbup:

Duck Sauce

Quote from: redlumThe first and last bit of news I hard from pta.com was that he'd lined up Michael Penn for the music.

yeah but couldnt that have otherwise been assumed?

chainsmoking insomniac

He'll announce when he's ready folks.  Personally, I think the suspense is tasty!  :-D
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Xixax

I heard he's going to do a movie about a bunch of filmgeeks that hang out on message boards talkin' shit.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]