Blur

Started by Jeremy Blackman, May 29, 2003, 07:30:42 PM

Jeremy Blackman

I love all the songs I've downloaded (Apple Music Store)... Coffee & TV, Swamp Song, Mellow Song, Look Inside America, Advert, and especially Trimm Trabb.

children with angels

And 'Battle' - superb.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Vile5

i love Blur!

my songs:
Beetlebum
Song 2
The Universal
My White Noise
etc etc...

album:
anyone
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Pozer

sorry for being Johnny Come Lately on the Blur scene around here, but earlier today I heard Gene By Gene (I believe it's with Fat Boy Slim) on this Orange County Indie station and I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME get it outta my head.
        I RIDE A BULLET LIKE I'M STEVE MCQUEEN
        EACH TOWN I INTERVENE
        GOT TO GET TO KNOW YOU GENE BY GENE
        YOU'RE MY JELLYBEAN
sorry

Sleuth

I haven't really heard much by them, but I think Coffee and TV is great great great
I like to hug dogs

Myxo

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman"Beetlebum" is great... but I need more recommendations...

I fucking love track 1 and 9-13. The whole album "Think Tank" is brilliant, but those are standout tracks. I saw them recently here in Oregon at the Roseland. It was the best show I'd seen since Sigur Ros played there a while back.

Mesh

I've recently decided that the 2nd half of Parklife is way, way better than the 1st half......Almost enough to save the album as a whole......Almost.

mogwai

Blur WILL reunite next month says Alex James

Blur are to set to record together as a four-piece for the first time since 2002, when guitarist Graham Coxon left the band.

Speaking to NME.COM, Blur bassist Alex James explained that the band are all in touch again and plan to record together - with the aim of making an album - in the near future.

"It's going to happen soon," James explained, speaking of imminent recording sessions. "It's looking promising.

"It's important for us emotionally not to leave Blur as an unfinished thing. It could be good musically as well."

Blur drummer Dave Rowntree had previously told NME.COM that the band were set to get together this month, but James explained that it was more likely that they would record in October.

"I texted Graham this morning and got one back," he revealed. "I saw Damon (Albarn) about a month ago and I spoke to Dave yesterday. We're all talking."

Hinting at what a new album might sound like, James said: "Good guitars would be good. But I mainly talk to Graham about mandolins and prog music."

Coxon departed during the early sessions for the group's last album, 'Think Tank', which came out in 2003.

(mogwai: nme.com has run a coverage about this reunion for ages, i'm not 100% sure if this confirmed by graham coxon, we'll see...)

Redlum

If this is true, then....praise the lord.

Quote from: mogwai"I texted Graham this morning and got one back,"

That's kind of painful, though.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas