office space (wraa)

Started by sphinx, May 18, 2003, 05:57:34 PM

Xixax

Quote from: SalAnyone know if Judge has something planned next?

Spy Kids 3D! Woo!
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

SoNowThen

Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackMan
Quote from: Pedro the Wombat
Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackMan
well he kind of helped create daria which was the worst fucking cartoon ever
:shock:

disagree ??

I enjoyed Daria (when I went on USA trips, I'd watch it). I'd daydream about getting it on with the bimbo cheerleader. Cartoon chicks are hot.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

tpfkabi

damn, it feels good to be a gansta

you coochie eatin' pranksters

my friends and i would watch that song with the subtitles on because it has the lyrics of the song.......it's so hilarious

also.......the part where the judge says "i sentence you to a federal pound me in the ass prison"........ha!
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Xixax

That movie is the origin of so many great phrases.

Before I settled on Xixax, I totally wanted to call this place "notalentassclown.com" but it wasn't meant to be - the domain name was taken.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

soixante

Gary Cole as Lumberg shoulda been up for an Oscar.  I've worked with guys like him, with the coffee cup glued to his hand, etc.  When I first saw it, he reminded me of someone in my office, someone who sort of looked like Lumberg, and definitely sounded like Lumberg, so I could barely contain my mirth.
Music is your best entertainment value.

Xixax

A friend of mine just wrote me and asked for suggestions for a new band he was forming. with Office Space fresh on my mind from this thread, I came up with a few immediately:

"Cock Gobblers"
"No Talent Ass Clowns"
"The Michael Boltons"
"This is a Fuck"
"Lumbergh"
"The Miltons"
"Swingline"
"Breast Exam"

or my favorite,

"Fifteen Pieces of Flair"

The possibilities are just endless. Damn, I love this movie.
[/size]

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

this may very well be the greatest thing ever said in movie history

Peter: When you come in on Monday and you're not feeling real well, does anyone say to you, "Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays?"  
Lawrence:  Shit, no man.  I believe you'd get your ass kicked saying something like that, man.

SoNowThen

If I had a million dollars, I'd do nothing. I'm all for that.

Quote from: _|P|_
Quote from: [img]http://www.saunalahti.fi/~frog1/goofs/img/wayne.jpg[/img]Cartoon chicks are hot.

oh word.

I also had Betty and Veronica in mind. And Melody and Cheryl Blossom. Archie comics made me girl-crazy.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

bonanzataz

did anyone ever see this in the theaters? i really wanted to, but they wouldn't let me in (it was rated r for naughty language).
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

2 fast-forward to '3001' for helmer Judge
Source: Hollywood Reporter

"Saturday Night Live" regular Maya Rudolph and "Punk'd" standout Dax Shepard are close to lead roles in director Mike Judge's comedy "3001" opposite Luke Wilson for 20th Century Fox. Penned by Judge and Etan Cohen, "3001" centers on Joe Bowers (Wilson), an average American who is selected for a top-secret hibernation program that finds him waking up and living among a society 10 centuries in the future. He finds that civilization is so dumbed-down that he is the most intelligent person alive. Rudolph, who is still in negotiations to join the cast, would will play a prostitute with Shepard starring as Frito, a defense attorney with a perpetually glazed-over look who becomes Bowers' court-appointed attorney.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

This sounds interesting. Im down for anything judge. Luke Wilson used to be overrated. Now he is underrated. The rest of the cast isn't rated.

Mike Judge = Underrated squared.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

Luke Wilson rocks and Judge too... Office Space is also one of my favourite comedies that I watch over and over again...

Hey Peter... what's happening!

oakmanc234

Yeaaaaa......I'm gonna go ahead and agree with everyone here that...uh....'Office Space' is a freakin' classic!

Just like people have said, you can watch it over and over and over and be pleased each time. I dont think I'll ever get sick of it. The scene with the beating of the fax machine is one of the greatest things ever, along with the hilarious use of gansta rap ("die motherfucker! die motherfucker!"). The films a legend!
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin2 fast-forward to '3001' for helmer Judge
Source: Hollywood Reporter

"Saturday Night Live" regular Maya Rudolph and "Punk'd" standout Dax Shepard are close to lead roles in director Mike Judge's comedy "3001" opposite Luke Wilson for 20th Century Fox. Penned by Judge and Etan Cohen, "3001" centers on Joe Bowers (Wilson), an average American who is selected for a top-secret hibernation program that finds him waking up and living among a society 10 centuries in the future. He finds that civilization is so dumbed-down that he is the most intelligent person alive. Rudolph, who is still in negotiations to join the cast, would will play a prostitute with Shepard starring as Frito, a defense attorney with a perpetually glazed-over look who becomes Bowers' court-appointed attorney.
u know u already posted that in the Wilson Bros thread don't u? (without the snl/punk'd additions)

anyway, i'll say what i said there.. "nice plot buddy, it's called Futurama, specifically The Day the Earth Stood Stupid."
under the paving stones.