the DVD that you're most ashamed to own

Started by dufresne, May 16, 2003, 04:01:20 PM

Duck Sauce

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: _|P|_
Quote from: cbrad4dgive it to me.
i already called dibs.

isn't it funny that i used to hate duck sauce and now he's cool. i think sexterrossa was a bad influence.
Yo, what makes you think Duck will sell his copy of GW?

P is the only one who has contacted me so far

Cecil

Quote from: JulkeHey Cecil B.,
If Almost Famous is the DVD you're ashamed to own, I don't wanna know which DVDs you're proud to own.

I'm not judging your tastes, 'cause this woulb be stupid, but I realy don't wanna know.

heres a list of almost everything i own (i havent updated it in a while), scroll down.
http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=440&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Banky

Almost Famous is a really good flick you should definatly not be ashamed to own it.

Varsity Blues.  Im sorry

Pas

Spider-Man...what can I say, I live in the past...

sexterossa

Quote from: P™
Quote from: cbrad4dgive it to me.
i already called dibs.

isn't it funny that i used to hate duck sauce and now he's cool. i think sexterrossa was a bad influence.

amazing. i almost thought for a second it was possible to be forgotten. your realization of ducksauce being cool has nothing to do with my abscence. my influence on ducksauce has been uninterrupted up until this very moment. so maybe, in a way, i had everything to do with you finding ducksauce cool.
I dream of birds and sometimes they land and burst into flames. And I dream my teeth are rotting. And when I am awake, I dream of you.

aclockworkjj

Shit....I think I have you all beat....I bought a used copy of...You've Got Mail.....for $9....a girl made me buy it, what can I say?  I am one weak man....  :cry:

SHAFTR

Jason X

what can I say though...I love it.  I love some of the deaths, I love the campiness and I love the Jump to a Death feature.

Plus there is a Many Lives of Jason Voorhees feature with Mark and Mike from American Movie.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

aclockworkjj

Quote from: SHAFTRMark and Mike from American Movie.

What great characters to represent our WI film programs huh?....shit, at least they crack me up....yeah Wisco! :wink:

pookiethecat

deep blue sea

the performances are suitably cheesy (with thomas jane and saffron burrows doing their indie best at being action heroes), the shark attacks are well orchestrated by harlin...and the various twists of who-dies -next-adds an originality to the overall movie...   anyway, i love it.  i'm secure with it being there on my shelf.  but the fact that other people tease me for owning may have given me my dvd insecurity problems.  what would freud say?

favorite what about bob quote:
HE CAN BORROW MY SLICKER!  *blink blink*
i wanna lick 'em.

BrainSushi

Eh, I own the Dune TV mini-series by the Sci-Fi channel - not the special edition.

I've never seen the entire thing. I bought it after reading the book, having never watched it when it was on TV, and I've never finished it.

Sigur Rós

Weekend at Bernie's....No, I refuse to be ashame anymore! I love this movie!  :x

bonanzataz

Quote from: mogwaiTime to confess:

Kindergarten Cop

do not be ashamed to own this. best fucking movie ever. point break is pretty cool but i'm ashamed to admit i've never seen ANY police academy film. i know, for somebody that claims to like bad movies this is just plain... wrong.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Find Your Magali

I know this is going to drop your opinion of me, right off the bat, but....

I own not one, but TWO, volumes of the best episodes of "Get A Life" on DVD.

Please forgive me.

modage

that show is awesome. chris elliott as the paperboy. it was my dads favorite show when it was on.   charlie kauffman was a writer on it, and it had the REM song "Stand" as the theme.  you are now elevated to AWESOME in my book. :)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Find Your Magali

I had no idea Kauffman was a writer on that show! The show was so freaking bizarre and hilarious. My college roomate and I missed classes left and right and only rarely turned in term papers, but we ALWAYS made sure we were right on time for watching "Get A Life" in the dorm room.

I love the episode were he gets married, cheated on and divorced all in the same day.