Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Mesh

Quote from: godardianLOVE Cinerama. One of the best live shows of the past few years. Have never heard (of) what's pictured, though.  :(  Is it new??

Yep, a singles and B-sides comp; also, my introduction to Cinerama.  I'm liking it.

godardian

Quote from: Mesh
Quote from: godardianLOVE Cinerama. One of the best live shows of the past few years. Have never heard (of) what's pictured, though.  :(  Is it new??

Yep, a singles and B-sides comp; also, my introduction to Cinerama.  I'm liking it.

Were you ever into The Wedding Present at all? Same lead singer and maybe some other group members in common, as well. I think. I know they got Steve Albini to record a lot of their stuff, and it works remarkably well. Albini recorded the most unusual Auteurs album (After Murder Park), too. I like his style. Wouldn't work for everything, but when it does work it can be really powerful.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: European Son

Wooo-hooooo!!!!!

Someone should write a movie based on their songs and give these two the same chance Aimee had with Magnolia.....
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Sleuth

Quote from: punchdrunk23
Someone should write a movie based on their songs and give these two the same chance Aimee had with Magnolia.....

Jack is going to be in the Cold Mountain movie and will perform some original songs for it
I like to hug dogs

Cecil

godardian

Quote from: cecil b. demented

Yes, yes, yes!!!! I heart early Siouxsie.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

European Son

godardian

Quote from: mogwai

The "Cherubs" single. Their best cover. I really love the inside artwork, too. Oh, and the song's great, too.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

chainsmoking insomniac

Me no have scanning ability......me sorry.....

however: Steal This Album from System of a Down is fucking great!!!!!!
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

phil marlowe

Dirk

At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Sigur Rós

Mesh

Quote from: mogwaiYeah right, Dirk, since when do you own a vinyl player? :wink:

They call them things Phon-o-graphs, youngster!

Cecil