Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: Meatwad

great shit right here

Shit, I've gotta check this one out. Just picked up Foxtrot yesterday, and I can't get enough of this fucking cd! It'll be playing for months! :-D
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

aclockworkjj

and to switch things a bit tonight....

anyone know what it is....?

Cecil

pink floyd animals. one of their best

aclockworkjj

Quote from: cecil b. dementedpink floyd animals. one of their best

Cecil gets a cookie.... :wink:

Cecil

Mesh

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: Mesh
This morning, (just to see what it was like) I put on:

Just out of curriosity, how was it?  They're from here, I've met them a few times, they're friends with some band friends of mine.

Never really brought myself to listen, I think I might have heard one song on some shitty soundtrack somewhere... gave me too much of a Korn feel to really listen any more.

Typical, below-average Hispanic nu-metal.  If you didn't like the initial Korn feel they gave you, don't go outta your way to hear more.  I didn't care for it, I'm not normally into that kinda stuff, and the new Deftones is a better investment anyways.

aclockworkjj

now.....

yes...me's a feelin' irrrrrie.....

*sorry, I am havin' way too much fun with this thread......*

Mesh

Corporate teeny punk.  A once-in-a-long-while guilty pleasure for me.

Dirk

At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

SoNowThen

Quote from: Dirk

Yeaaaahhhh!!! Kick fucking ass! What a great album.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pedro

Quote from: Mesh

Corporate teeny punk.  A once-in-a-long-while guilty pleasure for me.
'
Since all of those pop-punk bands sound pretty much the same I think it's best for someone to decide on just one to listen to...I decided on

rustinglass

múm
finally we are no one
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Pubrick

Quote from: rustinglassmúm
finally we are no one
Quote from: earlier in this thread P

congratulations on being the first match.
under the paving stones.

rustinglass

Did any of you guys hear the múm song "machine gun" it's really great.
worthy of it's place in finally..., in my opinion
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Pubrick

Quote from: rustinglassDid any of you guys hear the múm song "machine gun" it's really great.
worthy of it's place in finally..., in my opinion
that's a cover of the original song by Slowdive, whom i've also posted earlier..

Quote from: P

it's from a compilation album of Slowdive covers called Blue Skied an' Clear.
under the paving stones.