Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Mesh

Mesh

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: godardian[/img]

Me too! This album is gold!  :wink:

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

European Son

godardian

Quote from: European Son

"The Bewlay Brothers" is one of my favorite songs, ever! Gorgeous.

Mesh

godardian

European Son

Sleuth

Hey, I didn't know that was out already
I like to hug dogs

European Son

Quote from: tremolosloth

Hey, I didn't know that was out already
It came out yesterday. And after one listen I think it's crap. Such a regression from White Pony. But then again, I've only listened to it once and have no right to judge it yet. I'll give it a week or so to get used to it.

modage

yeah im not sure what i think of it either.  it really doesnt seem like a step forward does it?  i was very super into these guys all through high school, but after a 4 year wait between albums, (im now graduated from college and in a very different place.)  im not sure i would have much room for them even if it was better.  i still think AROUND THE FUR is my favorite although WHITE PONY was a step in a very interesting direction and yielded some really great songs.  this one, im not so sure about.  cool cover art though.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

godardian

godardian