Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Mesh

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Pedro

godardian

I think Disintegration is my favorite of theirs.

Now to put a new one on...

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

phil marlowe

Raikus

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

godardian

Those Trachtenburgs run this town with an iron fist, let me tell you what.

Mesh

Wow.  All previous posters in this thread have excellent taste in music.  Such is my official decree.

Now, then:

godardian

Quote from: MeshWow.  All previous posters in this thread have excellent taste in music.  Such is my official decree.

I was especially delighted to see Doc at the Radar Station. It inspired me to dig out my copy, which I'm listening to right now. No need for dupe image.

Mesh

Quote from: godardian
I was especially delighted to see Doc at the Radar Station. It inspired me to dig out my copy, which I'm listening to right now.

I need one of those.

godardian

Quote from: Mesh
I was especially delighted to see Doc at the Radar Station. It inspired me to dig out my copy, which I'm listening to right now.

I need one of those.

If you'd like a copy, just PM me your address and I'll send you one.

European Son

godardian

Quote from: European Son

Yes!!!

...and what do you think so far?

And why on earth a parental advisory sticker?? Did I miss something? Am I desensitized?

European Son

Yes!!!

...and what do you think so far?

And why on earth a parental advisory sticker?? Did I miss something? Am I desensitized?
I also have no idea why an advisory label was slapped on this album. I guess I'll read through the lyrics just to make sure.

As for the album, I agree with what someone else here wrote about it. It has some of Blur's best stuff and some of their dullest. I think the ratio of good to dull is about even. Then again, I've only listened to it like five times, so my opinion might change.