21 Grams

Started by NEON MERCURY, May 09, 2003, 06:41:31 PM

NEON MERCURY

hello all...

anyone know a release date for this sure to be  another solid film from the director of  -amores perros- staring sean penn, benicio del toro, and naomi watts and also plot info about this film.

thanksinadvance.

MacGuffin

Release Date: Fall, 2003 (limited) (likely to eventually expand to a wide release)

Title Note: The title reportedly comes from the amount of weight that a human body supposedly loses when it dies, which some interpret as being the "weight" of the human soul as it leaves.

Cast: Benicio Del Toro (Jack), Sean Penn (Paul), Naomi Watts (Christine), Clea DuVall, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Teresa Delgado (Gina), Danny Huston, Melissa Leo, Eddie Marsan, Marc Musso (Freddy).

Premise: This film tells the complex interconnected story how the lives of a former drug addict and single mother, Christine (Watts), a terminally ill mathematics professor, Paul (Penn), and a spiritual ex-convict, Jack (Del Toro) intersect both tragically and redemptively, including the fact that Christine and Paul are (former?) lovers (Gainsbourg plays Paul's wife).
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

with this title and sean penn and benicio del toro in it, i thought this was gonna be the worlds second reality movie

i can see it now the two of them at the Chateau Marmont at 5 A.M  sweating a lot having a  conversation about doing a charles bukowski film

Sleuth

This sounds fantastic
I like to hug dogs

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffinThe title reportedly comes from the amount of weight that a human body supposedly loses when it dies, which some interpret as being the "weight" of the human soul as it leaves.
the lives of a former drug addict and single mother,
a terminally ill mathematics professor,
and a spiritual ex-convict,
Quote from: tremoloslothThis sounds fantastic
heavens yes, what'd i tell ya..

Quote from: PAlejandro González Iñárritu can kick all ur asses.
under the paving stones.

brockly

This film has a fucking great cast, and I think it's promising. I heard something about the three main characters' lives interwining after a road accident.  If this is the case, this film sounds rather simular to Love's a Bitch (Alejen-orwhateverthehellhisnameis' first film), which was a pretty good movie.

Newtron

Quote from: Brock LandersIf this is the case, this film sounds rather simular to Love's a Bitch (Alejen-orwhateverthehellhisnameis' first film), which was a pretty good movie.
Yeah, and John Cusack is always running in the rain, and there's always a character in a PTA movie that calls him/herself a "Fucking Idiot", and people are still crashing in cars.

So what's the what.

Mr. Green

:x (I still think Newtron is a dick)
i am brock landers

Newtron

Quote from: Mr. Greentheres no need to be a dick.
I wasn't being a dick. You are, though.

Nice first post,  :roll:  . What are you, another troll?

Mr. Green

i am brock landers

brockly

Quote from: mogwaiI'm Brock Landers.

.... What?

brockly

Quote from: mogwaiI see green people.

He's my friend  :lol:

brockly

Quote from: mogwaiSo your "friend" uses the same computer, and even has the time to post under your alias and his own. That's something really extraordinary, but can you front when we admins can easily see your IP addresses? Sorry to be a such an asshole but I just wanted to clarify that.

Way to ruin my fun!  :x  Oh well, I guess I deserve it  :lol:

> I still think Newtron's a dick.

Pubrick

Quote from: Brock Landers> I still think Newtron's a dick.
cos he said sumthin that wasn't offensive?

ur psychotic. alter egos are ok but for pointless shit like this it's just lame.

sayin' tho, ruined a great thread about a great movie.
under the paving stones.

brockly

Quote from: _|P|_
Quote from: Brock Landers> I still think Newtron's a dick.
cos he said sumthin that wasn't offensive?

ur psychotic. alter egos are ok but for pointless shit like this it's just lame.

does a man have to explain?

k, im just fucking around. maybe i should stop. please don't ban me. :) i apologise.