elliott smith

Started by modage, May 08, 2003, 05:34:37 PM

Sigur Rós

Elliot Smith died at age 34 last nite. He killed himself. That sucks man!

Dirk

NME.com

Elliott Smith dies

Singer-songwriter Elliott Smith has died, according to reports.

Fan websites and various radio stations claim that the singer passed away yesterday (October 21) at the age of 34. The official cause of death is currently unclear.

Born in 1969, Smith loved music from an early age. He released five albums, the most critically acclaimed in the mid-90s, titled 'Either / Or' and 'XO'.

His most mainstream success however came when his song 'Miss Misery' from the film Good Will Hunting' was nominated for an Academy Award in 1997.

At the time of his death Smith was working on a new album, which had a working title of 'From A Basement On the Hill', which was set for completion later this year.

A UK spokesperson for the singer is currently unable to confirm the reports. This story will be updated as more details emerge.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Sigur Rós

We posted about his dead at the same time. weird. Anyway this fucking sucks. He was one of the best young songwriters.

Dirk

Oops, I just noticed that there was a thread directly below this about him. Please lock this one up

:cry:
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Finn

This is the biggest shock since John Ritter! 34 years old, that's one year older than PTA!
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: SigurElliot Smith died at age 34 last nite. He killed himself. That sucks man!

Fuck you, man! How could you do such a thing? We needed your music...   :cry:
Si

Newtron

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumFuck you, man! How could you do such a thing? We needed your music...   :cry:
He didn't owe you shit.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Newtron
Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumFuck you, man! How could you do such a thing? We needed your music...   :cry:
He didn't owe you shit.

Damn you! I was just expressing my shock after I read the news. He didn't OWE me shit, but lately I just can't stand any suicide news. Ever since last week a girl threw herself from the 8th floor in the building next to mine, I just can't stop thinking about the issue and reading that he died was one thing, but reading that he killed himself was another. Of course, it was his choice, butit's my right not to agree with it (and yes, I know when it comes to other people's lifes, my opinion -or anyone else's - is as important as a rock's).
Si

coffeebeetle

Fuck, I'm suddenly very depressed....blech.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

aclockworkjj

wow....that sucks....

Pedro, where is that link of all his live stuff you posted one time????

Ghostboy

I'm somewhat shocked.

And now I'm depressed.

SHAFTR

ohhh man....I have very little to say except I loved either/or and...wow, this is really unexpected.

EDIT:

Anyone else thinking of Royal Tenenbaums, think that scene will have an even more powerful effect now?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

modage

im speechless.  and crushed.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: SHAFTRAnyone else thinking of Royal Tenenbaums, think that scene will have an even more powerful effect now?

It was the first thing I thought after I read this............ :(
Si

Pwaybloe

That's a shock.  

When I was browsing around here, I noticed 3 people had elliot smith's avatars, and stupid me, I thought he was coming out with a new album called "R.I.P."  

Anyway, pray for his family and friends