Six Feet Under is SIX FEET UNDER and infested with spoilers!

Started by Sigur Rós, April 27, 2003, 01:16:38 PM

grand theft sparrow

Raikus, you're right.  I don't know why I doubted the writers.

One of the things that I noticed just the other night was that, from the first episode to now, the Fishers have really grown closer as a family since Nate Sr's death.  That's just something that really brought the show even further home for me.  David and Claire wouldn't have had a moment like that in season 1 or 2.  And Ruth washing the dishes with Keith... so great.  And nobody seems to need to talk to Nate Sr. anymore. A little sad but understandable; they have to move on.

But I'm still wondering, why dogs? How, if at all, are dogs going to figure in the end of the season?  It seems like they're building up to something with dogs, maybe as symbols of the fear of death or inability to deal with death?  A dog sent Nate to the psychic to find out about Lisa; David had to follow a dog before almost being killed; Nate used to work at a funeral home, now he works with dogs.  I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with this.

RegularKarate

Raikus

Yeah that was a great episode. It was like a greatest hits collage of characters. You had angry Ruth (so glad to see again), timid David, hippy Nate, high Claire, caring Keith, and screwed up Brenda. I really hated that they made Brenda revert back to her old self though. I doubt it will be as predictable as Brenda and Nate get back together and she's pregnant with Joe's baby, but it still makes me fear that outcome.

It was great for George to finally flip his lid. It was also painfully easy for Rico to explain away Sophia. Everyone seemed in good form this last episode.

As for the dogs, it almost seems like they're the litmus test for the characters behavior. Before I thought it may be coincidence, but after Nate's whole "I feel that they love me as much as I love them" line the writers are definitely using them as metaphor.  Maybe the dogs are stepping in for the deceased this season. Isn't Nate the only one who has seen a dead person (his father). And even his Dad said he didn't belong in the house any more.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

bonanzataz

this season is shaping up. i had my doubts, but no longer. SPOILER When Joe walked in and Nate and Brenda makin' out on the couch, my hand was over my mouth for a good minute and a half. I'm kind of glad Joe is leaving though,  SPOILER END   and I hope that George will be out of the picture soon. He sucks.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Raikus

I get the feeling George will get even more involved for the next couple of episodes with the absence of Ruth. It'll be interesting if they just leave Ruth out of it or show her with her sister and Kathy Bates' character (since I'm figuring that's where she headed).

Damn, Vanessa and her sister went off...
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: RaikusDamn, Vanessa and her sister went off...

Angelica putting Vaseline on her face was classic. I haven't seen that since high school.

RegularKarate

SPOILZZZZ

yeah, the vaseline shit was awesome.

I'm getting a little sick of Claire... hate to say it, but she's getting on my nerves... she's just too artsy and boring now.

does anybody remember the little girl that gave David the book to give to Nate? (or was it the other way around?)... there's something up with that girl... did I miss something?

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: RegularKarateI'm getting a little sick of Claire... hate to say it, but she's getting on my nerves... she's just too artsy and boring now.

I think they're intentionally making her artsy and boring this season.  For example, when they had the bonfire in the backyard and she goes up to her room and blasts Radiohead from the stereo.  That was such a wanky, stereotypical art-school thing to do.  Everything she's done in her personal life this season is very cliche college art major, right down to the lesbian experimentation. But my absolute favorite thing about this season is the relationship between her and David, how much closer they are than before.

I'm putting money on Claire snapping out of the artsy-fartsy crap once Mena Suvari gives her the final kiss-off, as the ad for next week alludes to.  Now, she's been screwed over by men AND women.

bonanzataz

Quote from: RaikusI get the feeling George will get even more involved for the next couple of episodes with the absence of Ruth. It'll be interesting if they just leave Ruth out of it or show her with her sister and Kathy Bates' character (since I'm figuring that's where she headed).

Damn, Vanessa and her sister went off...

no, the previews for this sunday show her hanging out with kathy bates. which is great, i love bates on this show.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Raikus

Well no HBO and downloading bit torrents makes Raikus an uninformed boy. Good to know though.

bonanzataz

my only problem with six feet under is in waiting for next week. if they showed the entire season in one night, i would just sit and watch the whole thing. oh well...

Redlum

George is getting to be one of the funniest characters at the moment. The way he took to the bomb-shelter was fairly predictable but his paranoia is starting to reach levels on par with his intelligence, its such a great place to take his character. He's starting to become the eccentric dad of the family for me. The way he Rico and Nate dealt with B&E comic book guys was great.

George: "Oooh, I dont think so. I've got this guy coming over first thing saturday morning, he's gonna give me some advice on the air filtration system"

Ruth: "Oh. How long is that going to take?"

George: "Jeese, I'm not sure. Its not the sort of thing you want to rush. Now is it?"
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

RegularKarate

anybody else currious about that creepy little girl in Lisa's family?  The one that gave the book to Nate to Give to David?  She seems... weird...  maybe she's really a ghost

Redlum

Yeah, I thought it was strange that Nate only mentions how weird the twins are when he's looking at the family photographs in the last episode.

I think we'll find out when Nate gives that book to Dave.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

MacGuffin

TOWELHEAD Has a Ball
Six Feet Under creator Alan Ball options feature rights to Towelhead, the debut novel from Alicia Erian.
Source: FilmStew.com

Alan Ball, creator and executive producer of HBO's Six Feet Under, has put up his own money to option the feature rights to Alicia Erian's debut novel Towelhead, which will be published by Simon & Schuster in the spring. Ball will now develop the feature script through his Your Face Goes Here Entertainment shingle.

Set during the Gulf War, the story intertwines the sexual desires and urges of young teenagers with the repressive mentality of adults. Towelhead centers on a 13-year-old Lebanese-American who must balance the sexual obsession she has developed for an American Army reservist with the watchful eye of her overly domineering Lebanese father.

Ball hopes to make his feature directing debut on the project. He has directed several episodes of Six Feet Under and will direct another episode in the upcoming fifth season of the Emmy-winning show. He is looking to get the film underway once the fifth season is wrapped. Ball won an Oscar for his debut script, American Beauty, and his since worked on two more scripts but has not yet shopped them around in hopes of directing them himself.

Erian is an Egyptian-American who has had a series of short stories published by Random House.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks