Bloodline

Started by Sleepless, June 30, 2016, 09:13:51 AM

Sleepless

Anyone else watching this show? All the attention given to Netflix originals always seems to be focused on HOC and OITNB, but this is a really great show. Set in the Florida Keys, it's a family drama akin to Breaking Bad in a way (but totally different) in that bad decisions beget increasingly worse decisions. The second season has been up for a few weeks already, but I'm behind on my binge-viewing (just watched ep 5 last night.) To give you an idea this show's pedigree, here's the cast: Kyle Chandler, Ben Mendelsohn, Linda Cardellini, Norbert Leo Butz, Jacinda Barrett, Jamie McShane, Enrique Murciano, Sam Shepard, Sissy Spacek. It goes without saying that Mendelsohn and Chandler are amazing, but Norbert Leo Butz is the revelation here for my money - especially in S2.

Oh, and it's from the creators of Damages. I read/listened to an interview with them when S1 launched, and they have a pretty concrete idea of how the entirety of the show will plan out. (Spoiler: it's going to be five seasons.)

Need more convincing to watch? Here's a clickbait titled article: 5 Reasons Bloodline Is Netflix's Best Drama Yet and the S1 trailer:

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Sleepless

Love this show. Just finished S2 and I could really see them take this any number of ways. I need to talk to someone about this show.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

polkablues

I'll get to it eventually, I promise. Way too many shows to catch up on these days.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

Can't wait until Season 3 is confirmed, and we get a release date. Definitely one of the most intense cliffhangers maybe since a season finale of LOST.

Sleepless

S3 was officially greenlit yesterday.

Kal

Sleepless

Netflix has announced that Bloodine's third season will be its last, and has cut the number of episodes ordered from 13 to 10. more

:(