Horse Money

Started by Cloudy, July 24, 2015, 06:56:23 PM

Cloudy

When Ventura becomes lost in the woods, the people of Fontainhas search for him.

written, directed by Pedro Costa

mainly posting this because we don't have any Costa here, and these trailers are fucking wonderful.

ElPandaRoyal

This is one of my favorite movies from 2014 in Portugal, and am glad it's being somewhat put on the radar by some critics in the U.S.

It's unique in the exact same ways that Costa's movies are unique, but I don't know how it works for foreign viewers who don't know the context to which its protagonist belongs (the colonial war between Portugal and its African colonies). One thing I can guarantee is that it looks fucking amazing though. And Ventura's shaky hands still haunt my dreams from time to time...
Si

ElPandaRoyal

The Film Society of Lincoln Center podcast The Close-Up today is with Costa - apparently from last year's New York Film Festival - about Horse Money. Haven't listened to it yet, but he's usually an interesting character to listen to.
Si

Punch

"oh you haven't truly watched a film if you didn't watch it on the big screen" mumbles the bourgeois dipshit