Pan

Started by Jeremy Blackman, July 18, 2015, 09:42:54 PM

Jeremy Blackman

This looks really bad, right?

I originally thought Rooney Mara could make a good Tiger Lily, but this appears to be a disastrous casting and/or character decision. Tiger Lily is full-on British, apparently.

More info here.

polkablues

I'm one of the bigger Joe Wright fans you'll find (read: I'll defend everything but The Soloist), and even I think this looks like a debacle.

Side note: I do kind of like the Tom Hardy impression Garrett Hedlund is doing.
My house, my rules, my coffee

matt35mm

I'm on the same page with Joe Wright as Polka. One of the biggest reasons I like Wright's movies is that Dario Marianelli's scores are really good, and tend to be very integrated into the movies. So my first thought was that maybe the trailer sucks because we're not hearing the beautiful score that this movie would have. Then I saw that Marianelli did not do the score, and that it's John Powell, who did SHREK and stuff like that. So, I'm calling that the nail in the coffin for this one.

My guess is that there will be a small handful of interesting moments--I doubt that Joe Wright could make a 100% anonymous film--but that also some moments will fall flat and then about 75% of it will just be thoroughly forgettable.

Jeremy Blackman

I guess we called it... 26% on RT.