Author Topic: drawings  (Read 1760 times)

Garam

• The Vision Quest
  • Respect: +230
drawings
« on: May 23, 2014, 07:19:13 AM »
+10
i went through a bit of a rough patch about 18 months ago and started attending a life drawing class to take my mind off things. no real previous experience besides doodling toons in school. before the class i hadn't done a single drawing for at least 6 or 7 years. i love it now. i want to become obsessed but finances and my laziness are getting in the way. but now that i've started i do not ever want to stop. my stuff's all pretty sloppy, that's just my personal taste. i am capable to some degree at doing more figurative stuff, but i dont really like it. i find it a bit boring, it can feel like a chore. it's just not me. twas van gogh's late period that really influenced me to begin.

most of these are from the first six months or so, i don't really have many recent pictures. often the paint is still wet and so the flash reflects fairly heavily. the classes aren't very long, so the longest i've spent on a drawing is about an hour. I do want to change that, but, y'know...laziness.

feel free to hate, like, love or ignore them as is your wont.

^ blatant rip off of charles sheeler. that one's from when i was 17 actually. i tried painting briefly back then but then didn't proceed for a looooong time

blam

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
  • Respect: +1216
Re: drawings
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 12:01:58 PM »
Those are fantastic. Thanks for sharing them.  :yabbse-thumbup:

Three aren't showing up... Use the attachment feature!
"Hunger is the purest sin"

wilder

• Respect: +1540
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 02:51:24 PM »
Wow. Really love your artwork. Please keep posting it!

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1303
    • Neon Burrito
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 01:03:48 PM »
do you have instagram in europe or wherever. pm me

my favorites: dogs in windows, tunnel opening light thing, reflection and i think a double-reflection maybe, mentioning nas, purple party, blue morning, signs, blurry lights, i skipped some
Every perspective is an act of creation.

Just Withnail

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +435
    • Truls Krane Meby's website
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 09:48:12 AM »
+1
Great stuff! I really really like the mood of the one of the bar. Gives me a Withnail-y vibe.
My short WORLD WIDE WOVEN BODIES is now online:

Watch it here!

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy