Author Topic: The Leftovers  (Read 9316 times)

Drenk

• The Magic Flight
  • Respect: +383
Re: The Leftovers
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2017, 07:32:49 PM »
I didn't ask any questions. He signed my Blu-Ray of season 2 of The Leftovers at the end but a big crowd came at him, I felt embarrassed to be there too, I almost left. I just said that I'll never forget season 2 of The Leftovers.

But people who liked the end of LOST said it to him, so your message was sent, JB!

Even if I have to wait two weeks to know what the fuck happens next, I'm excited to watch the premiere again! IT'S BACK ON THE AIR!
I'm so many people.

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
  • Respect: +1133
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2017, 11:56:46 PM »
Yes! This was a perfect premiere, just full of... everything. I'm so satisfied already. And yet I wanted to rewatch it immediately.

Seriously though, what did this episode not have?

SPOILERS

We know, of course, that police and/or national guard will be arriving soon to clear out the juggalos from the streets and the Guilty Remnant from the government buildings, certainly.

Boy did they. After tormenting us with the Guilty Remnant for so long, Lindelof literally blew them up. It was a fun bit of lampshading that also feels completely in-universe we've seen how the government deals with cults when they get out of hand. I also love that they just left the crater there as a warning. Ugh, so much subtext to be discovered here.

It was an extreme delight to see these characters who've suffered so much have a little bit of happiness. Another development that is satisfying because of how earned it is. Their happiness also works because we know we must be at the tail end of it. All the ominous notes were struck so perfectly.

That look on Matt's face when Kevin is baptized. He's like "oh God, I could not have written this better."

And that end. I don't even.

But people who liked the end of LOST said it to him, so your message was sent, JB!

Excellent!
"Hunger is the purest sin"

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2017, 12:38:46 AM »
Yep

Drenk

• The Magic Flight
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2017, 10:58:59 AM »
SPOILERS

After all the talk about Australia, I was expecting some immediate radical change, but it was pleasant to see how Miracle came together after the chaos of last year. It did blow up. Of course, you can sense that something is wrong beneath the surface...

About that ending: they wouldn't make that bold a choice if they hadn't the whole story so I'm confident (and a little bit scared because they only have eight episodes and it gets more confusing.)
I'm so many people.

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2017, 11:02:11 AM »
SPOILERS

After all the talk about Australia, I was expecting some immediate radical change, but it was pleasant to see how Miracle came together after the chaos of last year. It did blow up. Of course, you can sense that something is wrong beneath the surface...

About that ending: they wouldn't make that bold a choice if they hadn't the whole story so I'm confident (and a little bit scared because they only have eight episodes and it gets more confusing.)

MORE SPOILERS!

I'm doing this without seeing the second episode, but it feels like that last bit could be from a divergent timeline. Perhaps the departure created it, or perhaps the coming event does.

Kevin told Tom that story from International Assassin as if were real. Maybe in a way it was. Maybe Kevin has an actual special connection to other dimensions. I think he has way more awareness of his own supernatural qualities than he lets on. Two more hints: When he said he "just knew" that the water was safe, and the fact that he might be "killing" himself with that plastic bag to travel to another world.

Drenk

• The Magic Flight
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2017, 09:21:33 AM »
+1
You can watch the masterclass here if you want (the part where he tells the origin of LOST is interesting, television is a crazy world): http://series-mania.fr/en/video/rencontre-damon-lindelof/

I'm so many people.

RegularKarate

• Admin
  • Respect: +171
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/regularkarate/
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2017, 11:40:03 AM »
That opening was cool.
I was surprised to see this woman I know, Christina in the episode screaming at Kevin about the drone strike.
The rest of the episode felt like an in-betweener. I know that it's probably just catching us up and trying to get us used to things being "okay" before they make everything get shitty again, but it wasn't grabbing me in any way.

Still, as angry as I get about this series, I continue to watch it and will be in until the end.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy