goosebumps 。◕‿◕。

Started by jenkins, April 24, 2014, 03:37:09 AM

jenkins

Uhoh, polka's love affair with a hobo turned into a horrible misunderstanding, sounds like a page turner, comes out April 12, 2016

polkablues

So I guess the answer to the title question is "no."
My house, my rules, my coffee

jenkins

jenkins

adored it. i wanted to sing God Bless America while the credits played, and i fear less about the future of our children thanks to this movie. children who see this movie will know and understand the horror genre.

what was it like to have Javier Aguirresarobe dp? it was fucking awesome. there's a goddamn in-air tracking shot (called simply a 'crane shot'?) to two kids sitting on a ferris wheel, and that's not even the best moment that ferris wheel or the camera has. there's a casual car chase involving a praying mantis that made me sick with jealousy. there's a goddamn pan that goes from a bus accident to a bus driving on a separate road, and the movie barely breaks a sweat to get that shot.

i give much of the credit Scott Alexander & Larry Karaszewski, i do, but i'm proud of the whole team. it's not hard to see their common theme: Ed Wood -> Larry Flynt -> Andy Kaufman -> Margaret Keane -> R. L. Stine

Alexander is from LA, Karaszewski is from Indiana, they met at USC, i bring this up because you have to know about the entertainment industry and why and how it creates what it does to write their scripts. this movie describes to you the purpose of horror movies, and it's all very entertaining, and i like how they remind the audience that Stine has outsold King

it's for the kids i'm excited, although i must say Goosebumps excited me as well

Reel

well, shit. That review and your continued support of this movie have convinced me it's something I should see!