Jauja by Lisandro Alonso

Started by Kal, November 14, 2012, 12:35:05 PM

Kal

We just made the announcement for my next movie (outside of Radical).

Viggo Mortensen to star in Lisandro Alonso drama
Actor will also produce film to be shot in Denmark, Argentina
By DAVE MCNARY

Viggo Mortensen has signed on to produce and star in Lisandro Alonso's untitled drama set in Denmark and Argentina.
Andy Kleinman's Massive Inc. will produce together with Mortensen's Perceval Films banner and Alonso's 4L. Jaime Romandia of Mantarraya and Ilse Hughan of Fortuna Films are also producing.

Production is scheduled to start early next year in Denmark and Argentina. Script by Alonso and Fabian Casas follows a Dane and his daughter who journey to a desert that exists in a realm beyond the confines of civilization.

Alonso's first film, "La Libertad," screened in the Un Certain Regard section of Cannes in 2001. His last film, "Liverpool," premiered at Cannes.

Mortensen, whose father is Danish, was last seen as Sigmund Freud in "A Dangerous Method" and will be seen next in "On the Road" and "Two Faces of January," Hossein Amini's directorial debut. He's managed by Principato-Young.

-

Directed by: Lisandro Alonso
Starring: Viggo Mortensen

Ghostboy

Awesome! I've somehow become a big fan of Alonso's films without ever actually seeing any of them.

Kal

Thanks. You should watch them. Very unique style. This one I think will be great. If you look at his filmmaking and add an actor as talented as Viggo... very excited about it!

Alexandro

that's great news!
a friend of mine recently made her first film with viggo too. what is it with this guy? is he now funding the entire argentinian industry?

Kal

Alexandro

that's great. viggo was pretty amazing in that other argentinian film, and I think an actor like him, with so much gravitas can work wonders in a contemplative styled film like alonso usually does. one of the things that usually bother me about those films is that directors use non actors and sometimes the non actors work and sometimes they're like really uncomfortable people on camera. with viggo you know you'll get some awesome performance no matter what.

Kal

Big news! Our movie will premiere at "Un Certain Regard" in Cannes!

And the title is "Jauja" in case an admin wants to update the thread.

http://www.indiewire.com/article/what-will-stand-out-from-the-cannes-2014-lineup-here-are-5-possibilities?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed

Kal

jenkins

you click the button in your first post to change the subject title

bummer about the title traffic jam, but what a life you have if that's your biggest worry right now. this is exciting news for you! you're adult biz legit and i'm happy for you <3

Jeremy Blackman

I tried my best... and failed.

But yes, also what Jenkins said.

I prefer my spelling, though. Juaja sounds like a delicious fruit beverage.

'juaja' is the spanish spelling of 'mwahaha'

MacGuffin

It's the sequel to Juaja Man?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alexandro

Kal

that is a badass poster man!