Ain't Them Bodies Saints

Started by Pozer, July 15, 2012, 01:01:16 PM

MacGuffin

I see the Malick influence. There was a bit of twirling.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Lottery

Poor Affleck, he just wants to love.

Ghostboy

Quote from: MacGuffin on May 24, 2013, 07:48:34 PM
I see the Malick influence. There was a bit of twirling.

Guilty as charged, but for the record, the trailer contains 50% more twirling and 100% more ECUs of grass blowing in the wind than there are in the actual movie!

polkablues

When I go see this and there are no extreme close-ups of grass blowing in the wind, I am going to RIOT.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Cloudy

I still think that clip>trailer. Love that scene. Feels good in all senses. Still going bonkers over here.

Alexandro

I started it but then thought why would I see this trailer? I know enough about this film already and I want to see it blindly when I have the chance, I want to give it that treatment.

polkablues

Ghostboy, any chance you'll be showing up in Seattle for either of the SIFF screenings?

Ghostboy

I will be at the one in Seattle on Friday.

I'll also be at the first LA Film Fest screening on the 15th, with the cast, and at BAM in New York a few days later. Lots of road tripping!

polkablues

There's a screening in Kirkland (east of Seattle) this coming Friday, and one in Seattle next week, Friday the 7th. Hopefully the latter is the one you're referring to, since that's the one I'm planning on going to.

Pubrick

any chance this'll get shown in australia this year? if not an actual release then how bout the brisbane international film festival in november?

i normally would not think my local festival is worthy of anything special, but our street cred is certainly rising since it was announced that we'll be hosting the G-20 summit next year.

so, basically, are you saying you're better than the combined force of the most powerful leaders on earth?

GB and his posse:

under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

I'm not sure what the plans for Australia are yet. I THINK we sold the rights there, but I can't recall for sure. I need to get an updated foreign sales chart.

I sure as hell hope that it plays at that festival and that I'm able to attend. I've never been to the antipodes and would love to go, and I'm also trying to travel with the film as much as possible. Engaging in a bit of good ol' fashioned hucksterism, getting people out to the cinema...

matt35mm

Xerxes and I are going to TRY to go to the screening at the LA Film Fest. Well, he might definitely go, but the timing may or may not work out for me.

polkablues

In my seat, beer in hand, waiting for the movie to start. Ghostboy, let me know if there are any parts of the movie that would be good for going and getting more beer.

Ghostboy

Maybe while Bob is wandering around the old farmhouse...

polkablues

Damn it, not a wasted minute in the film. I had to settle for one beer.