INTERESTING PROSPECT

Started by finlayr, April 17, 2003, 04:06:02 PM

finlayr

I think it'd be really really cool if about 3 great filmmakers like PTA TARANTINO & SCORSESE teamed up and wrote a film together and then directed it together.  How coooooolll would that be?
Filmmaker

Mellow Fellow

in theory it should kick ass. however, tarantino did "Four Rooms" with Robert Rodriguez and two other blokes, who were obviously nowhere near PTA or scorsese talent-wise, but the point is a bunch of directors working together doesnt always work out. soderbergh's doing that other thing though with some other dudes who i forget, but that could be cool
Some people say I was an embarassment to the nation. Well, I say, that depends on what your definition of "was" is, jerk.

Sleuth

I'm still waiting for a hamburger that uses mashed together french fries in lieu of bread
I like to hug dogs

finlayr

There should BE a Big Kahuna Burger too!  Every1 knows why 4 Rooms didn't work--because there was no thread holding it all together except that stupid bellboy character (although I love Tim Roth).  But what I meant is if those filmmakers I said were to get together and make a GOOD film that had a followable, interesting troughline.
Filmmaker

EL__SCORCHO

isn't soderberg doing something with another guy?

MacGuffin

Quote from: EL__SCORCHOisn't soderberg doing something with another guy?

http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=319
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Bud_Clay

Quote from: finlayrI think it'd be really really cool if about 3 great filmmakers like PTA TARANTINO & SCORSESE teamed up and wrote a film together and then directed it together.  How coooooolll would that be?

it sounds fucking great. although it would never work... artists tend to collide if they get in each other's way. ..i think alex cox was going to direct Fear & Loathing IN Las Vegas with Terrry Gilliam but of course they couldnt agree on anything. actually i fucking hate alex cox so that's nota very good comparison. it would be like Salvador Dali trying to paint a canvas with De Vinci..

however one idea that does work is a few directors directing a few short stories into one full feature film, like "New York Stories". Scorsese, Coppola, and Allen all did about 30 minute pieces that consist of stories in an apartment building in New York. Scorsese's was amaZIng, Coppola's sucked ass, and Allen's was alright. still an enjoyable idea however.