Jennifer Lopez

Started by Jack Sparrow, April 15, 2003, 11:49:06 AM

SoNowThen

hehehe

Neon, you're too quick for me.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ono

J.Lo Engaged Again?
Serial monogamist Jennifer Lopez has reportedly got engaged to new love Marc Anthony - only three months after splitting from ex-fiance Ben Affleck. Affleck and J.Lo called time on their 18 month relationship in late January, only for the singer and actress to start dating Latin pop star Marc Anthony, an ex-flame, weeks later. According to American tabloid New York Post, the Maid In Manhattan star has given Affleck back her pink diamond engagement ring and is flashing a new jewel from Anthony. A friend says, "She is wearing a huge diamond ring on the middle finger of her left hand. It is a diamond band with a huge square clear diamond in the middle and the square diamond is surrounded by more tiny diamonds. It is an engagement ring." J.Lo's spokesperson says, "I don't know about that ring."
~IMDb.com

She needs to seek mental help.  Fast.

Stefen

Isn't she married to Ben Affleck?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

El Duderino

are you fucking kidding me? maybe she should date someone before engagement. i give it 6 months tops.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

coffeebeetle

I give it 6 weeks.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

ono

HAHAHAHAHA!

Forget about the ruckus over gay marriage.  Someone revoke her rights to that privilege already.

mehico

Lopez To Reunite with 'Selena' Director

Latina beauty Jennifer Lopez is turning to her Selena director Gregory Nava to reignite her movie career after a string of flop films. J.Lo leapt to fame in 1997 with her portrayal of tragic Mexican singer Selena Perez in Nava's film, but - despite a critically-acclaimed performance in Out Of Sight in 1998 - the actress has fallen foul of critics with a series of flops, including Gigli, The Wedding Planner and Enough. In Nava's forthcoming movie, Lopez will play an American reporter sent to the Mexican-US border town of Ciudad Juarez to investigate the mysterious killings of dozens of females there - a real life phenomenon. Filming is expected to start in March.

-imdb.com

I think i actually just came
You are the son of incestuous union.

mogwai

it should've said:

lopez to reunite with 'out of sight' director

that'll be the day... oh yeah.

mehico

7 February 2005
"Bennifer" Engagement Ring Goes Up for Sale

The eye-catching engagement ring Ben Affleck bought for Jennifer Lopez has gone up for sale, a year after the couple once known as 'Bennifer' called off their romance. The 6.1-carat pink diamond ring has been "re-acquired" by Harry Winston, according to Carol Brodie, a spokesperson for the upscale New York City jeweler. Brodie confirms that the ring is for sale, but the price is available only to "serious buyers". Lopez reportedly returned the $1.2 million solitaire to Affleck - who bought the ring in 2002 - when they split at the beginning of last year. Lopez went on to marry salsa star Marc Anthony in June, while Affleck is enjoying a romance with his Daredevil co-star Jennifer Garner.

i wouldn't think it would be that expensive, she's flooded the market.
You are the son of incestuous union.

Cecil

get right is a cool clip.

Pubrick

Quote from: Cecilget right is a cool clip.
only for the table dancer and the nerd chick.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Lopez Runs for the BORDERTOWN
Source: FilmStew.com

Jennifer Lopez, who worked with helmer Gregory Nava on Selena, will reunite with the director for her next project, Bordertown. Lopez and her partner Simon Fields will produce under their Nuyorican Prods. banner, while Nava and his partner Barbara Martinez Jitner will also produce through their El Norte Prods. shingle. Mosaic Media Group will also be taking on producing duties.

With a script by Nava, the story centers on the exploits of a journalist investigating a string of murders near various American-owned factories on the border of El Paso and Juarez, Mexico. The project, which carries a $20 million budget, will begin shooting in New Mexico and Mexico at the end of April. Mobius Entertainment will provide financing.

Nava originally developed Bordertown under a first-look deal he had at New Line. Now, David Bergstein and Tracee Stanley Newell will executive produce for Mobius.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks