PTA Interviews (on YouTube or otherwise)

Started by ono, July 07, 2011, 03:45:25 AM

Cloudy

Funny. Jon Stewart asked some of the best questions yet. Really enjoyed that interview. Stewart seems like a genuine fan.

Pozer

yeah it was great. wish it was the entire half hour. jon really waxed his car, loved what he said about the film at the end "The Master!!!!!!! it is........a beeeauuuuutiful piece of filmmaking. oooooooh the great Paul Thomas Anderson!"

also, swear he called it "The Bastard" in the intro. tho i'm hittin the wine again.

squints

I always enjoy Stewart's interviews with people he genuinely respects and admires. His interview with Tom Waits comes to mind and it seems in this one he is really a huge fan.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Cloudy

Anyone who wants to listen to one of the more personal and more entertaining Q&A's should do a 7-day free trial to SiriusXM and listen to PTA's Q&A with the Rotten Tomatoes crew. It was great. It's in their OnDemand section.

And I totally agree, when Jon Stewart really admires his guest he knows what to say and switches into this gear of seriousness/focus.

Pozer

modage

Quote from: Cloudy on October 12, 2012, 09:39:36 PM
Anyone who wants to listen to one of the more personal and more entertaining Q&A's should do a 7-day free trial to SiriusXM and listen to PTA's Q&A with the Rotten Tomatoes crew. It was great. It's in their OnDemand section.
If I knew how to rip streaming audio, I would do that. If anyone knows how to do that easily, let me know.

Regardless, we should have a full transcription up on the site later today...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

HeywoodRFloyd

Quote from: modage on October 14, 2012, 09:46:37 AM
Quote from: Cloudy on October 12, 2012, 09:39:36 PM
If I knew how to rip streaming audio, I would do that. If anyone knows how to do that easily, let me know.

Regardless, we should have a full transcription up on the site later today...

Try Jaksta, I've used it for all things streaming, audio and video, and it seems to rip them all. Regardless of the source site.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

HeywoodRFloyd

Awesome, thanks man. Btw it sounds nice and loud to me with headphones on

Reel

Yeah, you gotta listen to it on full blast with headphones and it's fine.

Thanks Mod!

modage

Reel

That was definitely the best PTA interview I've heard. So cool to get a little peek inside the guys life.

I think my favorite part was when he talked about having a bunch of old cameras and parts in his garage like some sort of cinematic mechanic.

modage

There are a bunch of new interviews up on the site but I'd like to point you towards this for now wherein PTA lays the smack down on a reporter asking him the Tom Cruise question...

(skip to 14:50)

HeywoodRFloyd

Quote from: modage on October 26, 2012, 10:19:00 PM
There are a bunch of new interviews up on the site but I'd like to point you towards this for now wherein PTA lays the smack down on a reporter asking him the Tom Cruise question...

(skip to 14:50)
I said this on twitter, but I'll say it here aswell, when PTA says he stole the phrase "trying to write War and Peace in a bumper car" from someone but can't remember who, that's a quote from Kubrick!

He says it in his speech while accepting the DW Griffith Award:

At the 1:05 mark

Legends, both of them.