Have you ever met a famous person/samsong?

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, April 12, 2003, 01:31:47 PM

Myxo

I met Bill Cosby once..

He was here for the Tournament of the Americas event here in Oregon shortly before the Dream Team set off in 1992 for the Summer Olympics. It wasn't a long conversation. Something like,

"Mr. Cosby, can I have your autograph?"

(wonderful Bill Cosby laugh)

- You don't want my autograph..

I think I also met Charles Barkley, Danny Ainge, Clyde Drexler and John Stockton.

Stefen

Be careful with Ainge. HE WILL MESS WITH YOUR BRAIN.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Two Lane Blacktop

I saw (didn't talk to her) Sandra Bullock at an ice cream shop in Austin.

Met Elvis Costello here in Atlanta...  I didn't have any of my CDs with me, so I got him to sign a Post-It and then stuck it on my "Armed Forces" CD case.   :roll:

Met the Indigo Girls (I like 'em okay, am not a huge fan).

Met Jane Fonda twice, and Ted Turner several times, when I was working with one of Ted's daughters.  

Also met the Dalai Lama once.  

2LB
Body by Guinness

ono

RegularKarate

I got Ray Stevens' autograph at the Ray Stevens theatre when I was a kid.

I went home for the holidays and noticed that it had been framed and hung in my old room.

cine

Uh, I met Jimmy Fallon a few months ago.

bigperm

I've met, Guy Pearce, Natalie Portman, Elliot Smith, Rob Zombie, Willie Nelson
Richard Linklater, Usher, but the best was Forrest Whittaker, who was working on post (sound) for hope floats, I walked outside, he walked outside and we talked for a good fifteen miutes, he's from Texas too, we talked Bird, Color of Money, and platoon and then a woman from a building next door, brought out about six friends and asked for pictures, and that was it.
Safe As Milk

RegularKarate

Ha!

I know a guy who worked on sound for Hope Floats.  He said that Forrest was constantly stoned and losing his chair and forgetting where his stuff was.

He said that after the wrap of the movie they auctioned off a lot of stuff, including an answering machine that Forrest had been using.  Evidently, he forgot to erase all the messages and there was some really crazy woman that kept leaving messages, asking when he was going to call her back after "that night".

I don't know how valid those stories are, of course.

I've met Guiermo Del Torro... had breakfast with him, Harry Knowles, and Ron Perlman.

ono

I saw Michael Jordan today.  Didn't say anything, didn't want to bother him.  I'm going to the same school he attended.  I guess he was feeling nostalgic or something.  He used to own a restaurant across the street from where I stayed for a while.  It closed.  He's a better basketball player than he is a restauranteur.

Slick Shoes

And last night I saw Spike Jonze at a music store (Amoeba) browsing the aisles with a bunch of CDs in his hands he was gonna buy. He has really long hair at the moment. He was just sort of walking around with his head down or looking through the bins.

Alethia

Quote from: bigperm...the best was Forrest Whittaker...he walked outside and we talked ...Color of Money...

he very well may be the best part of that movie.  i'm not a big fan of it but his scene was amazing.

modage

Quote from: Slick ShoesAnd last night I saw Spike Jonze at a music store (Amoeba) browsing the aisles with a bunch of CDs in his hands he was gonna buy. He has really long hair at the moment. He was just sort of walking around with his head down or looking through the bins.
long hair at the moment, hmmm... there must be something going around.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

Peter Engel, the producer of Saved by the Bell and Last Comic Standing, came to one my classes yesterday.  He was giving a lecture later called "Making it in Hollywood," but I think he gave the same speech in my class.  He wasn't terribly enlightening, but it was interesting to see the guy who created SBTB.  He kind of talks like Groucho Marx.

mehico

I was an extra on this movie called 'bee season' last year and i gaffawed in the face of one Mr Richard Gere. I also ate my lunch next to Kate Bosworth without even realising.

Oh, and I was looking for a payphone once so i went up to this blonde woman and asked if she knew where there was one. She turned around and it was heather locklear. I almost bit my lip off resisting the temptation of saying "there is a god - heather be thy name sssssccchhhhwwwwiiiinnnnggggggg"
You are the son of incestuous union.