music for the treadmill

Started by cronopio 2, December 10, 2009, 11:28:47 AM

cronopio 2

hey
what music do you listen to when you're doing exercise? i started this year pretty good, being healthy, eating oatmeal and bananas , lost a lot of weight. i wasn't fat, mind you, but i  was starting to get a bit out of the proportions i like. i stopped doing excercise in the middle of the year, and now that i'm on vacation i can get back on the treadmill, but i'm fucking sick of exclusively listening to girl talk's feed the animals when i'm working out.  

i know about the nike + original run albums but they're kind of boring, so i was wondering if anyone here listens to some sort of music in particular while you're pumping iron and shit.

Pas

I like to listen to the song Teenage Dirtbag (that early 00s song by wheatus) on repeat when I'm sprinting... the chorus gets me going for some reason.

not for everyone...

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I like really hype rap songs, ones on my workout playlist off the top of my head...

Ol Dirty Bastard - I Can't Wait

M.O.P. - Ante Up

Dizzee Rascal - Fix Up, Look Sharp

DMX - Stop Being Greedy

Ghostface Killah - After The Smoke Is Clear

Handsome Boy Modeling School - Megaton B-Boy 2000

MF Doom - The Drop
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pas

Quote from: w a  l   r    u     s on December 10, 2009, 01:00:14 PM
M.O.P. - Ante Up
Dizzee Rascal - Fix Up, Look Sharp
DMX - Stop Being Greedy
Ghostface Killah - After The Smoke Is Clear
Handsome Boy Modeling School - Megaton B-Boy 2000
MF Doom - The Drop

these titles sound like they were made up to laugh at hip hop.

that song by Vampire Weekend ... Oxford Comma, very good running rythm

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I take it you don't listen to much hip hop, do you?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

squints

i fucking love that song.

So i have a little ipod shuffle. and i put a bunch of stuff on there when jogging around the lake but i put Walkmen "The Rat" and Tv on the Radio "Wolf Like Me" on the list like 10 times each so whenever either one of those songs kick on i start sprinting and i try to keep it up til the end of the song but that never works.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

cronopio 2

Quote from: squints on December 11, 2009, 02:25:59 PM

i fucking love that song.

So i have a little ipod shuffle. and i put a bunch of stuff on there when jogging around the lake but i put Walkmen "The Rat" and Tv on the Radio "Wolf Like Me" on the list like 10 times each so whenever either one of those songs kick on i start sprinting and i try to keep it up til the end of the song but that never works.

i listen to those two tracks almost daily. cool!

polkablues

This thread is desperately in need of more rock:

Republica - Ready to Go
Placebo - Scared of Girls
Augustana - Bullets
The Von Bondies - Pale Bride
Palo Alto - Sonny
Stereophonics - Bartender and the Thief
Puressence - Walking Dead
Black Lab - Perfect Girl
Nico Vega - Burn Burn

My house, my rules, my coffee

Pas

arf you guys listen to music i've never heard about  :brickwall: where are the kinks, the who, rush, hell even supertramp....... that's music to run to.

oh well.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Pas Rap on December 12, 2009, 12:04:17 AM
arf you guys listen to music i've never heard about  :brickwall: where are the kinks, the who, rush, hell even supertramp....... that's music to run to.

oh well.

Rock is great, but key and tempo changes aren't too conducive for running to me.  I'm not saying it doesn't work at all, it's good to mix it up.  My ipod's usually on shuffle anyway.

mogwai

Chemical Brothers works the best for me when I'm on the crosstrainer. Nine inch nails when I'm pumping iron. Britney Spears when I'm doing body balance.