Melrose Place and Beverly Hills 90210

Started by SiliasRuby, February 17, 2009, 05:33:00 PM

SiliasRuby

I fear that it will only be me and Bon posting here but I wanted to put this topic out here to see if anyone else is obsessed with these shows as the two of us are. I enjoy the kitchiness and the chessiness of both shows and how they sincerely and without missing a beat both turned into heavy melodramas.
How do you feel about brenda, michael, Brandon, kelly, everybody who went through these two shows? Any thoughts at all or is it just us (bon and I) who are fans and the rest of you guys don't care?...Anyway, here's that specific place to discuss these two rediculous shows.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

bonanzataz

it's really all about melrose for me, personally. rewatching them on dvd, a lot of memories were brought back of being 8 years old and sneaking the 5 inch black and white tv into my room so my parents wouldn't find out. i DISTINCTLY remember watching the "oh shit" moment when we found out kimberly hadn't died in that car accident. of course, my parents DID find out i watched the show and then it turned into an "if you can't beat em join em" scenario where monday nights (i think it was) turned into melrose place nights for the whole family. yeah, we were a weird family. kimberly was, is, and always will be my favorite. i see marcia cross now and wonder why she's getting so much ink spilled about being on desperate housewives when she will always be kimberly (or betsy, whatever) and she knows it.

90210 my parents could care less if i watched, so it always seemed so innocuous to me, but rewatching THOSE you realize there was quite a bit of sex and betrayal in there as well (FUCK kelly taylor, seriously). i also realized that i HATE every character in that show except for brenda, i have no idea why i was so obsessed with those dvd's when they came out. i especially hate what i've termed "brandon-centric" episodes, in which self righteous brandon walsh meets a girl. girl has a problem, whether the problem be that she is black, or perhaps she is a proud latina princess, maybe said girl is poor and is getting evicted, whatever. brandon butts in where he is not wanted. brandon fixes the girl's problem. said girl is never seen or heard from again (the only exception to this rule is emily valentine, whose 4 episode character arc is one of the highlights of the entire series). i stopped getting the dvd sets after season 3 because i didn't really care anymore, but i really ought to get season 4 b/c it's brenda's last season and i remember a really good one where she frees the animals from an animal testing lab after joining a stop animal cruelty club in college. i had a friend who was a "hardcore vegan" and based on my recommendation they showed this episode at one of their exclusive vegan meetings or whatever.

as far as the dvd's go, fuck cbs/paramount. they're really screwing the fans over by charging as much as they do and making us wait for months (and in melrose place's case, over a year) for what essentially boils down to dvd copies of dubbed beta tapes. there's clearly no clean-up or care going on with these discs, it looks like they made them using idvd. so it was all the more surprising when they said they were only releasing half of melrose season 5 due to declining sales, because there's no way it takes that much money to press these things. also, if i were a bigger 90210 fan, i'd be pissed off that a lot of the music was left unlicensed, considering music was such a big part of that show.

but yeah, both shows are really only okay, nothing to lose your shirt over.......

omg, how about that recession? what do you guys think of the stimulus package, huh?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Stefen

I love getting really stoned and watching old episodes of 90210. Holy shit -- the haircuts and wardrobes were AWFUL. Plus, all the High School kids, main characters, extras, walk-ons, etc all look like they're in their 40's.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

Emily Valentine...... thank you so much. So much. I've been looking for this clip for years but couldn't find it for lack of knowledge of
-the season/episode
-the character's name
-the name of the song
-the air of the song

when I read Emily Valentine I had a flash

thankssssssss

edit : in my memory that was really a cool and hot moment and I remember watching this scene over and over as a kid. what is wrong with me???

SiliasRuby

My Collection

SiliasRuby

Bon-
Have you heard or seen this? I, myself, am pissed. But maybe if this happens they will put out the other sets faster...

From aintitcool:
The Director Of AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH Brings Us...MELROSE PLACE!?

Merrick here...

With 90210 now resurrected, The Powers That Be are now turning their attention to revamping MELROSE PLACE.
Seems Davis Guggenheim will be directing the recently greenlit pilot for the proposed/probable series.
Guggenheim, who is under a deal at CBS Par, is known for directing edgier dramas such as "Deadwood," "24" and the pilot for "The Unit," but early in his career, he helmed lighter fare including Fox's "Party of Five."

...says THIS ARTICLE in Hollywood Reporter.

Guggenheim also directed Al Gore's AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH back in 2006.

My Collection

SiliasRuby

E! Online

Ashlee Simpson-Wentz Moves In to Melrose
By Breanne L. Heldman
Mon Mar 9, 8:24 AM PDT
Pete Wentz had better get used to spending quality time with baby Bronx. His wife is going to be busy for a while.
Ashlee Simpson-Wentz has been cast in the CW's Melrose Place redux, a rep for the network confirms to E! News.
The "Pieces of Me" singer, who was once a regular on 7th Heaven and appears alongside her husband in the March 18 episode of CSI: NY, will play Violet Foster, a Spokane, Wash., gal who hops on the bus to Los Angeles the day after she graduated. Violet is described as having a sex appeal she's not afraid to use to her advantage and a seeming small-town naiveté that masks her shrewd, plotting nature.
Such a description draws obvious comparisons to Amy Locane's blond Sandy Harling in the original series, but there's no telling what hue kaleidoscope-haired Simpson-Wentz will take for Violet.
The singer-actress-mamacita joins Supernatural's Katie Cassidy and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants actor Michael Rady in the luxury apartment building.

My Collection

SiliasRuby

From Tvshowsondvd.com:

"90210" fans looking to catch up on the original "Beverly Hills, 90210" will soon be able to purchase season eight on DVD.
Season eight of "Beverly Hills, 90210" will be available on DVD on November 24, 2009, according to TVShowsonDVD.com.  The season featured guest appearances by Jessica Alba, Lindsey Price, and Brian McKnight. Academy-Award-winning actress Hilary Swank also stars in this season as Carly Reynolds, and original cast member Gabrielle Carteris made a brief return in her role as Andrea Zuckerman.
The seven-DVD set includes 30 episodes.  To pre-order the DVD, go to Amazon.com.
"Beverly Hills, 90210" ran from 1990-2000 on Fox.  The first seven seasons have already been released on DVD.  The show currently airs in re-runs on SoapNet.
Season one of the show's spin-off series, "90210," is also available on DVD.  New episodes of the second season of "90210" currently air Tuesdays at 8 p.m. (ET) on the CW network.

'Melrose Place' Season 5 Vol. 2 also comes out on DVD that same day. Melrose Place - The 5th Season, Volume 2 Officially Announced: Date, Specs, Early Box Art
3-disc set verified as coming out November 24th
Posted by David Lambert

8/24/2009

Back in mid-May we exclusively reported that Melrose Place - The 5th Season, Volume 2 was penciled in for a DVD release on November 24th. Paramount Home Entertainment made it official today, announcing that the title is indeed scheduled for that date.

It's a 3-disc set with the 13 episodes of the half-season which contained the exits of Marcia Cross ("Kimberly"), Laura Leighton ("Sydney"), Grant Show ("Jake") and Courtney Thorne-Smith ("Alison"). These episodes also marked the series debut for Alyssa Milano as Michael Mancini's sister "Jennifer", as well as guest appearances by Chad Lowe, Michael Des Barres, Stacy Haiduk and Greg Evigan, among others. Running time is 619 minutes, with full screen video and English Stereo Surround sound. We've got an early look at the package art cover for you, but this is an early picture supplied to retailers, and it could be subject to change:

My Collection

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

We had that here on the 9th of February.

It was pretty good, I guess.
under the paving stones.