The Video Rental Thread

Started by Gold Trumpet, April 06, 2003, 10:56:11 AM

context, context, context.

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Ravi

Umberto D
La Strada
Through a Glass Darkly
White (Kielsowski)

joeybdot

bonanzataz

kind of lame.

fantastic.

very good.

pretty cinematography. silly movie.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: bonanzatazsilly movie.
How are you qualified to make such a judgment?

bonanzataz

i found it to be silly. i wish i had watched it on mute. would have been better. i disliked the story, i disliked the acting, i disliked the script. it made me laugh when it shouldn't have. to me that is silly. to you it may have been brilliant. it did not have the same effect on you as it did me.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: bonanzatazit did not have the same effect on you as it did me.
Actually, I agree with you. I was just hoping for an outrageous reaction.

Redlum

Tootsie - a bit dissapointed. From the same catergory of Dustin's movie's I really prefer Accidental Hero. That was much sweeter and much funnier.
Spirited Away - Amazing. I'm just trying to figure which Region DVD to buy (complicated)
Donnie Brasco - Great. I want more under cover cop/agent movies!
Dazed and Confused - Great.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

El Duderino

Quote from: bonanzatazit made me laugh when it shouldn't have.

i found myself chuckling at this part:

spoilers...maybe?

Emporer: "Tell me how he died"
Tom Cruise: "I will tell you how he lived"

meatball

Alethia

i'd buy it just for the cover.

bonanzataz

Quote from: ewardi'd buy it just for the cover.

or you could just look at the picture meatball posted. then you could save yourself $20.

El Duderino

FeloniousFunk

Quote from: ®edlum
Spirited Away - Amazing. I'm just trying to figure which Region DVD to buy (complicated)

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=2585