The Tree of Life

Started by modage, January 28, 2009, 06:54:07 PM

Fernando

after the previous great poster, comes this new tv movie... :yabbse-undecided:

OrHowILearnedTo

Something's Gotta Give was a huge hit in Germany.

Gold Trumpet

I like that this new cover exists. I hope people get to know it and feel like it's safe to bring their family to the movie. The Gospel According to St. Matthew has a colorized DVD version which has a crap Hallmark-esque cover too. It is advertised to families so these people review it on Amazon and get pissed off about how unfamily the movie is. If Tree of Life can inspire similar revulsion, all the better.

modage

I think it's the international version so they have to be like

"Hey Foreigners, BRAD PITT is in this movie!"
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleepless

At least it looks like the father and sons below are throwing rocks at the oversized heads billboard at the top.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

socketlevel

Quote from: modage on April 27, 2011, 05:11:44 PM
I think it's the international version so they have to be like

"Hey Foreigners, BRAD PITT is in this movie!"

wouldn't that be for domestic reasons?
the one last hit that spent you...

Pubrick

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on April 27, 2011, 04:37:49 PM
I like that this new cover exists. I hope people get to know it and feel like it's safe to bring their family to the movie. The Gospel According to St. Matthew has a colorized DVD version which has a crap Hallmark-esque cover too. It is advertised to families so these people review it on Amazon and get pissed off about how unfamily the movie is. If Tree of Life can inspire similar revulsion, all the better.

That's dumb. Why would you want that?

The film will be hated by idiots already without the need for further encouragement or hope for it.
under the paving stones.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Pubrick on April 27, 2011, 08:01:00 PM

The film will be hated by idiots already without the need for further encouragement or hope for it.

Desperate marketing can be amusing. I don't care what any demographic thinks about a movie.

JG

Who wants to pen Sean Penn's V.O. for that cover's version of The Tree of Life?

Just Withnail

Quote from: JG on April 27, 2011, 10:33:20 PM
Who wants to pen Sean Penn's V.O. for that cover's version of The Tree of Life?

You mean Morgan Freeman's V.O.

Pas

there's sill the odd chance of enlightenment. Someone who goes into the movie thinking this is actually a good poster and comes out altered. Maybe.

Pubrick

Quote from: Pas on April 28, 2011, 06:40:39 AM

there's sill the odd chance of enlightenment. Someone who goes into the movie thinking this is actually a good poster and comes out altered. Maybe.

yeah but that's not what GT was hoping for.

he wants the wrong audience to foolishly go into this movie and actively HATE malick afterwards.

what the fuck does that achieve? from his defence i gather he thinks it would be some kind of... amusing troll job? that's a smug position to take. in reality what it achieves is it encourages the dumbest loudest idiots to popularise this movie as the worst movie of the century. AT BEST.

i mean, whatever, of course,  it's GT. he trolls. that's to be expected but his short sighted wish is just about the dumbest, most smug, useless and downright idiotic thing i've heard someone say about a movie in a long time.. it really sheds light on what kind of moviegoer he is.
under the paving stones.

socketlevel

but what do you really think?
the one last hit that spent you...

Jeremy Blackman

Is it wrong to suggest that Xixax is possibly maybe overhyping this movie? I mean, it looks really really good, but... when you start talking about expecting the movie to cause enlightenment, I think caution should be advised...

Reel

word, nothing causes enlightenment...