is Xixax for teenagers

Started by Pas, January 17, 2009, 08:30:47 PM

Pas

bonanzataz

oh my god i can't stop sneeeeeeezing!

i'm gonna take an ambien.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Gold Trumpet

It's both a decent board and is close to dead.

I say the board is close to dead because it is no longer the place it used to be. I remember when the number of people who reviewed movies on a continuous basis was over 20 and I could always expect a bunch of people to argue anyone on any given thing. That barely happens anymore and the chance any argument will ever exceed the length and depths of the Full Metal Jacket and its limitations thread is pretty slim to none. I'm not helping matters because I am knowingly sitting on a few responces I should (and will) give to past discussions. One, I'm busier these days (like most people are who get older) and two, to post any lengthy piece is to kinda talk to yourself a little bit. It's not self pity on my part because I see other people face it too.

It's a decent board because I know most of my film friends couldn't navigate this board. I'm a graduate student at a university and I always meet people who think they know a lot about film. I know some people think I am arrogant on here and that's fine, but in real life I am just the guy who tries to be friendly to all film fans. I host movie nights at my apartment and welcome almost all kinds of films to be shown. Anyways, my friends skipped a lot of film education and headed straight to film arrogance. The local budding film critics at my school talk down to me and say they've just seen two Stanley Kubrick films ever in the same sentence. I like coming to the board because I occasionally hear about new directors and I trust most people here to have a good lay of the film land. It's sad that everyone at a university I go to don't at all and still carry high images of themselves. I know I am still restricted in my education and could easily be humbled by a new crowd that did know more, but I also dont think my university situation is that much different than most. I always consider introducing my friends to Xixax, but they would never be able to handle it.

Pas

Quote from: bonanzataz on January 25, 2009, 11:01:01 PM
oh my god i can't stop sneeeeeeezing!

i'm gonna take an ambien.

the bird flu is nothing to sneeze at  :(

private witt

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on January 28, 2009, 03:08:42 AM
I always consider introducing my friends to Xixax, but they would never be able to handle it.

Why not bring 'em in and let them sink or swim?  Nothing says 'you can't handle the truth' like castrating chumps who liked Garden State.
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks