Mad Men

Started by Gold Trumpet, January 21, 2008, 12:51:38 AM

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Stefen on July 26, 2009, 07:57:41 PM
Christina Hendricks may be one of the most beautiful women in the world.
Ditto
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

modage

Spent the last couple months working on this site: http://www.madmenyourself.com

You can make an avatar of yourself in 1960's cartoon style as drawn by the illustrator Dyna Moe.  It's a bit like the Simpsons one and a bit like the anime one but hopefully cool enough to warrant it's existence. There are still a few bugs to be worked out but the site is up and I'm pretty excited about it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

Looks pretty good, man.

I have to say, I was skeptical, but I got mine to look a good deal like me with little effort.  Doesn't hurt that you often find a Manhattan or old fashioned in my hand.

The suitcase/bag shows up in the wrong layer it seems (looks like it should be in front of the leg, but shows up behind) and I wish there was something between fit and fat, but other than that, it's great. 

Kal

Ain't workin with Safari

modage

Suitcase thing we are working on. Along with the placement on some of the bg's. Safari should work if you have Flash.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

Quote from: modage on July 27, 2009, 03:12:23 PM
Suitcase thing we are working on. Along with the placement on some of the bg's. Safari should work if you have Flash.

I switched my twitter-av to this guy and immediately noticed that three different people I follow have done the same.  WILDFIRE!

edit: Including Mr. Ted Leo!

modage

Holy shit!  That's great.  I noticed Karina Longworth doing the same. 

We also got some press:
Popwatch//EW
Jezebel
Buzzfeed
AV Club // The Onion
PopWrap // NY Post
NY Mag // Vulture Blog
(!!!)

JG

whoa, its all over my facebook feed. the internet is weird.

Jesus

I'm too humble to say so myself, but may I suggest that I look gooood.

Ghostboy

I've seen it everywhere today and only now realized that you made it, Mod! Congrats, best web app in ages! Way cooler than the Simpsons.

diggler

haha great job on this. i've been letting the music play idly for a while now.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Fernando

amazing site mod, congratulations!

two things mod.

1. what's the music in the background? if you have the mp3 i'd love to have it, if not can you find out what song is that?

2. what exactly did you do/work/design on the site?

modage

Earlier this year I worked with my creative director to come up with a handful of site/viral/socialmedia type ideas and went to AMC to pitch them. They chose the avatar creator since they wanted to do something with Dyna Moe's artwork which had already become a viral sensation during Season 2 (and had made creator Matt Weiner a fan).  I designed 1 of 3 comps for the site that we presented, but they ultimately went with another design. At that point I helped out with design, production work, a little animation and along w/a few other co-workers made sure the thousands of little decisions that got made were for the best site.  The song we got from a stock music site though the dream was to get a 60's lounge version of the Mad Men theme but we ran out of time to get the clearances.  We're putting up a new version of the site tonight with a few bugs we found and things we didn't have time to get to for the initial launch (which is good because every little bug I see REALLY bothers me).  Hopefully we're almost done!

MacGuffin

Congrats, mod! You made The Bullseye in this week's Entertainment Weekly.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks